• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MXF file performance killed in 24.4.1

Explorer ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro was just updated to 24.4.1 and now I cannot work at all due to the horrific performance with MXF files from Sony. Performance got worse when version 24 came along, but now it is unusable. I literally cannot produce any work and am at a standstill. This is on Windows platform. 

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Can you try deleting your media cache.  If you hold down shift key while launching premiere you should get the option.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
18 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi default57aj5n25tml2 - What camera are you using?  What type of MXF files are you working with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try deleting your media cache.  If you hold down shift key while launching premiere you should get the option.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. I just downgraded to v 24.41, I was in 24.4. A project that I have been working on with minimal issues, started having major issues reading a 4K clip. It stopped reading the 4k clip altogether. 

File Path: C:\Users\DA395670\Desktop\Projects\05_14_2024 Terry Forde\A012C002_240514FS_H1STH.MXF
Type: MXF
File Size: 31.12 GB
Image Size: 3840 x 2160
Frame Rate: 29.97
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24-bit - 4 Channels
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - 4 Channels
Total Duration: 00;28;34;22
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Color Space: Rec. 709
Color Space Override: Off
Input LUT: None

MXF File details:
Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)
File generated by: CANON, XA40 (1.00)
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Long GOP High Profile 4:2:0 Unconstrained Coding

The clip was in a 1080HD sequence sca;e at 60%. Static shot as B cam on an interview. I have previous not had issues with 4K on this system: 
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9850H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Device ID 6989CD21-A6FB-46DF-AADB-6FD9FC58C116
Product ID 00329-00000-00003-AA803
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

No issues with my A cam:

Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 3.89 GB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 29.97
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:23:16:00
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Color Space: Rec. 709
Color Space Override: Off
Input LUT: None
Video Codec Type: AVCHD H.264 4:2:0

I know the system is underpowered, but this is what I have to work with. And they want me to be at the most current upgrade because of security issues.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HealthFirst,

Thank you for the response. Have you tried deleting the media cache, as @jamieclarke suggested?

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @default57aj5n25tml2,

We appreciate your bug report. Have you tried deleting media cache as @jamieclarke suggested? Is there any more info you can provide as outlined in the following post? How do I write a bug report? Please let us know.

Cheers,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Deleting the media cache was the first thing I did. I hve been editing since the U-matic days, fourteen years now with Adobe. As soon as I reverted to 24.41, the issue stopped. The camera is a Canon XA 40. Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)
File generated by: CANON, XA40 (1.00)
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Long GOP High Profile 4:2:0 Unconstrained Coding. This is a new issue.

I can share the ulog_CC_Premiere Pro log of the event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue. Downgrading a version before "solves" the problem. I think is about some inner garbage stored somewhere of Adobe (delete the cache doesn't work) .  But in the new version if you rename the files and start a new project everything seems to work well. I use Canon R5C and Canon C70. We are professional users, we are not using some strange codec or something like that. We appreciate all IA features but...man.. Please, solid structure first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Canon C70s as well.  Can you please tell me exactly what you did to get up and running again?  I'm a veteran editor as well and have been using Adobe since the very beginning of Pro 1.0.  I have attempted everything except to transcode my files (like an Adobe rep suggested). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Rename the files (it's a mess). Or make another project and reimport again all the files. I think the problem is if you have already imported the files (.MXF) the new version cannot read those files properly for whaterver reason. I have some very big projects and I'm editing right now with the previous version. You cannot have 2 versions at the same time but you can try with the beta version to see what happens. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with MXF 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the recent update of Premiere Pro to 24.4.1 has a lot of cool features, it's also caused a lot of frustration for a lot of people including myself.  The application was not working and causing my computer to crash.  I have a performance computer running Windows 11 Pro with the latest Intel CPU, Nvidia's Geforce RTX 4070 and 64GB RAM.  It was always smooth sailling until the update.  But here's what I discovered and what Adobe wasn't saying.

I have always uploaded footage from my Canons and Sonys in native format and just imported into my project with no problems.  I never paid attention to the app preferences for the uploaded videos.  I have several type of video applications including Real, VLC and Windows Microsoft video apps.  

Apparently, the simple fix was to just set the videos to open with Premiere Pro.  So you right-click on the video file and set it to open to Premiere Pro.  Then if you had just updated from previous version, you'll need to clear the media cache.  It then regenerates the cache after reopening your project.

And presto, the app is working again.  I'm really intrigued though, that the Premiere software engineers did not discover this issue in their testing.  And if they knew, why did they not advise of the solution?  Their problem shooting tool advised to update hardware drivers etc.  But none of that worked.

It's simply to set your video file preference within your project folders on your harddrive to open with Premiere Pro 24.4.1.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked with the new version 24.4.1 for 2 days before I decided to report the fix that I mention above.  But I swear as soon as I posted the above, Premiere Pro 24.4.1 crashed and keeps on crashing!!!  It's insane at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

동일한 증상입니다. mp4파일 사용의 경우 문제가 없는데, mxf 사용하면 바로 다운되어 버립니다. 너무 심하네요. 편집이 불가합니다. 2000년대 초반에 프리미어 프로 사용할때 생각이 나네요.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this simple fix of "right-click on the MXF video file and set it to open to Premiere Pro" works for me and my friend. (Canon 70 XF-AVC Footage on windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don"t work for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Sony MXF files

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
an hour ago an hour ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jamie,

I've followed your responses on this and other threads regarding recent MXF problems in Premiere. Holding shift while launching and disabling didn't help. Removing all 3rd party apps didn't help. The new version 24.5 does not help. The only stable solution that provides usable performance for me is to roll back to 24.2.1. I find 24.3 is stable but very slow. 24.4 onwards is a disaster. I'm using mxf files from R5C and C70 and editing on PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
45m ago 45m ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ewannicholson - Are you getting crashes or frame errors?  Just to confirm when you updated to 24.5 you cleared your media cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate