• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24.4.1 Crashing about 1 minute of Project being open

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is occurring for my entire office, multiple machines, different accounts, after opening a project they are automatically crashing after a minute or so of being open (without so much as moving the mouse) or as soon as one of us interacting with the project. No freezing, no "Not Responding" just a crash. We have gone as far as reimaging one of our machines and doing  a complete fresh install and that did nothing. Deleted older version preferences, did nothing. Reverted to older installs of PP, also, did nothing. Downloaded the diagnostics tool, it just keeps telling us a new driver needs installed, sends us to intel, we've installed the new driver, rebooted and with the new driver installed, the diagnotics tool says a new driver is still needed. Nothing is working. My entire company has come to a production halt due to this. Any help would be appreciated.   

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
FAQ , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Hi @CHoesel1975,

Thanks for the bug report. Please continue to work with our product team to find a solution to this issue.

You can track the related MXF issue here. I am sorry for the frustration.

Take Care,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Hello @David283017584g5f,

Thank you for your bug report and the information you provided. The team might need more information from you. See: How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team can assist you ASAP.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Hi @kno1120 - I'm sorry you are having this problem as well.  Can you try updating to 24.5 and then opening the folder that contains your media cache files and delete the folders Media Cache, Media Cache Files, Peak Files.  Then launch your project and let me know if you are still having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
35 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Specs:

I9 14900KS running at the correct Intel baselines and power limits

Samsung 990 Pro 4TB system drive

2x Crucial P3 Plus 4TB working drives (non-raid)

Kingston Fury Renegade 6000 MT/S 2x32GB running at 4800 MT/S (XMP off)

Strix RTX 4090

Premiere just quits unexpectedly when editing .mxf files from a Canon R5C.  I've been using this configuration for quite some time now and never any issues.  Now the application quits unexpectedly (no error message) whenever I touch, scrub, or playback an .mxf file encoded in XF AVC. 

It will also crash after a few seconds if I simply select one of the .mxf files in the project panel and don't do anything to them.  Simply highlighting them (not playing, not scrubbing) will cause the application to close after a few seconds just sitting there.

I have no issues importing the files, and even editing and exporting them, it is a random occurrence up until 2 days ago when simply having these files in the project will cause a crash.

I have been editing with these files for over a year and never an issue.  Now, as of the last month/month and half the application will just quit whenever manipulating any of the aforementioned files.  

I've tried the following:

Multiple different CPU's, memory, and motherboard combinations and settings to eliminate hardware as a problem.  Everything checks out and is 100% torture tested stable with every application that I use.

I've reinstalled Windows 11 twice, all clean installs.  Currently on 23H2.

Disabled hardware acceleration.  Issue persists. (this is also not a viable permanent fix as it invalidates the money spent on high-end hardware)

I've used proxies before but with my hardware I don't need proxies so I won't accept that as an answer.  Have never had an issue before.

DaVinci resolve does not crash at all.  (I'm not familiar with using it but I wanted to try it and validate my hardware for stability)

I realize most people are not getting any help on this forum, but I've done my due diligence and posting this to add to the pool of others having the same issues.  When I get home I'll add some video of it happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CHoesel1975 - Sorry you're having trouble.  Did anything change in your configuration two days ago?  What version of Premiere are you on, What version was your project created in?  Do you have any plugins installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 24.41

Nothing changed in my config other than just having new files to edit.  I've had the occasional crash before but never paid it any attention until about 2 weeks ago it was happening often enough that I was CTRL+S every few seconds so I wouldn't have to revert to autosaved versions of my project.  Projects usually have a mix of .mp4 and .xmf files from multiple cameras.  The .mp4 files never have an issue.

I have zero plugins installed other than what comes with Premiere.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized you also asked what version the project was started on vs what version I was working in.  This was a fresh project started on 24.41 and happening on 24.41

Also to clarify, the issues started becoming more common about 2 weeks ago, and just 2 days ago became repeatable to where it would just sit there and I will watch it crash but only with .xmf files in the project.

Not sure if any of this helps.

Thanks for looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if this is happening in the Beta version 24.6?

Can you email me the crash file at jamiec@adobe.com 

There should be a .dmp file at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe\<product_name>\<version>\SentryIO-db.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening on my home PC, which I will have access to about 8 hours from now so will be a while until I can get the crash file to you.

I also have the "unable to retrieve frame..." errors but I've been ignoring those.

As far as version/s, I haven't paid attention to the version information, so unsure if the issues are limited to just the version I have now.  I will try the beta version as well.

I'll get that to you as soon as I'm able.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CHoesel1975,

Thanks for the bug report. Please continue to work with our product team to find a solution to this issue.

You can track the related MXF issue here. I am sorry for the frustration.

Take Care,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to find a .dmp file anywhere.  I've "unhidden" files and extension for known file types.  I'll keep looking.

CHoesel1975_0-1718062431144.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video replicating the issue.

https://youtu.be/0CXVjGF_jnU?si=jBmAh2KJJdgO62ms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you DM or email me your login for Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mod note: The content was deleted as it contained personal information. Please send the info to the team member via private message here. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @David283017584g5f,

Thank you for your bug report and the information you provided. The team might need more information from you. See: How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team can assist you ASAP.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to use beta versions as this is an enterprise account.  I can't revert to an older version since the project is saved in the new version and Premiere refuses to open something saved in a newer version.

Are there any plans to patch this issue with .mxf files?  This was not an issue with older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just confirmed this issue also persists on a different computer running the same version of the software.  I transferred the entire project to a Lenovo X1 Carbon mobile workstation.  Exact same symptoms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing similar issues but only on projects where I have some .xmf files in the project panel and preview.  Also after applying some "Auto" Lumetri adjustments.  Not sure if your situation is similar but maybe check if you're running .mxf encoded in XFAVC format or similar.  (I use Canon LOG3 but I believe Sony also writes .mxf)

My situation is also just me opening project files and not collaborating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with that latest version. Crashing by just selecting one window or another. Lots of "frame exceptions" with MXF files too.

Projects edit good and stable in previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CHoesel1975 - I'm sorry this version has been so problematic for you.  We definitely don't want our customers crashing without reason.  Can you try updating to 24.5 and let us know if you still have the same problem?  If you don't see it yet, you should be able to within 24 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll be on the lookout for the new version, although it is still not showing up on my tenant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this exact same problem and the 24.5 update did not solve this. My project just crashed on me again with no warning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kno1120 - I'm sorry you are having this problem as well.  Can you try updating to 24.5 and then opening the folder that contains your media cache files and delete the folders Media Cache, Media Cache Files, Peak Files.  Then launch your project and let me know if you are still having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This identical issue is happeing at our studio as well. Automatic crashing after 45 seconds or so of being opened.  We're now re-creating projects in 2023 just to create stability.  This is by far the least stable upgrade.  Windows 10, all Nvidia drivers updated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe team this issue is a nightmare. Just reading through these guys posts and I am in the same boat. I have to outsource the work and pay for it because my $80 subscription isn't working for a basic task. I do weddings and I can't afford these delays. You want these people to work with you to give you all the information but your moving way to slowly and it costs a tonne of time for us. Your team took over my computer and couldn't fix it. I am fuming 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exact the same issue. Premiere just shutting down all the time without any messages. 24.5 did not solve the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep same issue here crashes when i just right click to veiw the file on timelines properties . costing me big time . please rectify asap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate