• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24.4.1 Crashing about 1 minute of Project being open

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is occurring for my entire office, multiple machines, different accounts, after opening a project they are automatically crashing after a minute or so of being open (without so much as moving the mouse) or as soon as one of us interacting with the project. No freezing, no "Not Responding" just a crash. We have gone as far as reimaging one of our machines and doing  a complete fresh install and that did nothing. Deleted older version preferences, did nothing. Reverted to older installs of PP, also, did nothing. Downloaded the diagnostics tool, it just keeps telling us a new driver needs installed, sends us to intel, we've installed the new driver, rebooted and with the new driver installed, the diagnotics tool says a new driver is still needed. Nothing is working. My entire company has come to a production halt due to this. Any help would be appreciated.   

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
FAQ , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Hi @CHoesel1975,

Thanks for the bug report. Please continue to work with our product team to find a solution to this issue.

You can track the related MXF issue here. I am sorry for the frustration.

Take Care,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Hello @David283017584g5f,

Thank you for your bug report and the information you provided. The team might need more information from you. See: How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team can assist you ASAP.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Hi @Television Photog, @default5u76iuv5022l, @Tal378443413kv3  - We have made some updates in the beta version 24.6 to access this go to the creative cloud desktop under apps and in the side bar there is a beta apps section, here you can download Premiere Pro 24.6.

Do you have any plugins installed?  If you have crashes immediately on opening premiere you can hold down shift and select the checkboxes "Reset plugin loading cache" and "Clear media cache files".  You can also select disable third p

Votes

Translate

Translate
38 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Aaron34672348v2y2 , @matthiasv25504667 , @Royal photography , @lot 7 media - Can you check the pinned post here and let us know if that helps your issue.  Apologies about your frustration we are working on investigating and getting a fix out so that you don't experience these issues.  Thank you for your help troubleshooting and providing feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this multiple times after updating to 24.5 and the issue persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so far so good , cleared in cache in Pr restarted pc and i can edit but now ill test a completed edit cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

working yesterday now today its crashing with an error @jamieclarke couldnt screen shot it in time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frame retrieving error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24.5 is running much better.  I was able to edit for an hour or so without crashing, although I did get one crash immediately after upgrading, and then a restart of the application seemed to be fine.  Crossed fingers it's good now.  I'll call it 99% fixed, but I don't do a ton of elaborate editing, just synchronizing, PiP and audio with some color grading.  Mileage may vary for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update here over a week for me personally im sure others are still here or did everyone jump ship

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Aaron34672348v2y2 - We are still investigating the Frame Recurssion errors you are receiving.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what broke but a clean install on a brand new machine and any sort of project crashes after :45 seconds. Not exactly conducive to trying to put broadcast news on at all. Get a fix yesterday. Windows 11 HP Z systems Fury model laptop 64MB RAM RTX 5000 graphics card fully updated. Worked fine for about 3 days and now the only way it won't crash after 45 seconds is to start a brand new project from scratch. Not helpful as I have a "master" blank template project that has everything I need at my fingertips to get stuff into different newscasts. That system has worked for years until this random breaking. Tried to roll back to 24.4.1 nope, 24.5 is the same hot garbage. Most media being used (but not all) is coming from Sony XDCam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atualizei a versão do premiere para a 24.5 mas precisei voltar com a que eu tinha. Ocorre que a versão 24.5 trava e fecha do nada sem dar chance ao menos de salvar o projeto

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Television Photog, @default5u76iuv5022l, @Tal378443413kv3  - We have made some updates in the beta version 24.6 to access this go to the creative cloud desktop under apps and in the side bar there is a beta apps section, here you can download Premiere Pro 24.6.

Do you have any plugins installed?  If you have crashes immediately on opening premiere you can hold down shift and select the checkboxes "Reset plugin loading cache" and "Clear media cache files".  You can also select disable third party plugins if you have any plugins installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.
Meanwhile, I rolled back to 24.3 (as mentioned somewhere here) and it's stable for the past hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate