• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.PPROJ files randomly deleted from Network Storage

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Numerous editors in a post-production facility have encountered an issue whereby the .pproj files are sometimes deleted, or otherwise moved to the auto-save.  This generally happens randomly, and has occurred both in Adobe 2023 23.2 as well as in versions 2024 24.2.1

All clients are running MacOS Ventura

We have seen a variety of different symptoms from different users that cause this issue.  Sometimes it happens upon auto-save triggering.  Other times it happens when invoking CMD+S.  Other times it seems to happen when Premiere has crashed or frozen, even when using a previously fine saved pproj.  After the crash, the file is just gone from the server.

There have also been times where the file itself didn't actually delete, but it moves to the auto-save location.  They are not the auto-save files, but the actual main pproj.

All users connect over SMB 10GBe copper switching infrastructure to a Quantum Stornext shared storage.   

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Hello Evan,

I'm Kevin from Adobe Support. Thanks for filing this bug report. This issue is very odd and sounds extremely frustrating. I have heard of this problem before. The team will likely need more information about the computers' specs, the media you use, and the workflow you abide by. See, How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team will respond soon. Sorry for the problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Evan,

I'm Kevin from Adobe Support. Thanks for filing this bug report. This issue is very odd and sounds extremely frustrating. I have heard of this problem before. The team will likely need more information about the computers' specs, the media you use, and the workflow you abide by. See, How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team will respond soon. Sorry for the problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The status of this bug report has been updated.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Issue - pproj files intermittently disappearing from shared storage. 
  • Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 24.2.1 and 23.2.0
  • Operating system - macOS Ventura
  • System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:
    • CPU Apple M1 Max

• GPU M1 Max built-in 

• RAM 64GB

• Hard Drive Quantum shared storage via smb & 10GBe copper

• Video format: most typically ProRes422-proxy
  • Workflow details: this has happened on numerous different workstreams and project types.  its entirely random and inconsistent.  It has even happened sometimes when using Project Manager to create a collect.  Sometimes we will see this after a Premiere crash, or a manual save.  We have also noticed crashes upon auto-save invoking, which then results in the missing pproj.
  • Steps to reproduce - (Very important!) issue is random and not reproduceable.  
  • Expected result - file will be accesible at its last known location
  • Actual result -  file is gone from the storage.  We have used applications such as EasyFind to do a deep search across the entire storage, but it doesn't turn up so we believe it isn't moved.  There have been some times where the original .pproj does actually move itself to the Auto-Save location, but it cannot always be found there.

Votes

Translate

Translate