• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere's 5.1 audio not showing panners

Participant ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the Premiere help, watched YouTube videos, and it looks like everybody else has another version of Premiere Pro that is not what I have. Or well, that this computer I'm editing something on doesn't have. 

If you create a new sequence specifically with 5.1 audio, with 5.1 audio tracks,  you're supposed to have a surround panner in the audio track mixer. I saw it in all the tutorials, in the Adobe help, articles, etc. But when I created a new sequence, twice, I see no surround panner. There are the tracks I created, all showing 5.1 to the right of each track, then the Mix at the bottom also showing 5.1. Everybody else seems to have the main output channel called "Master", but in my case it's called "Mix". So in that drop down menu in the track mixer where everybody sees Master I see Mix. And that's the only choice. Unless I create a Submix, then I can also choose that.

However, between that drop down menu that says Mix and the other one that says Read, everybody else has the surround panner. All I have is empty space. Even if I create a 5.1 Submix, that track still doesn't have a surround panner. Right now I'm watching a video from Adobe from 2017 but Premiere barely changed since then, and the guy goes through all the same steps I do, but as soon as he creates the sequence, he goes into the track mixer and the surround panners are there where they should be.

But I see nothing but empty space. So why is that?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a mono track, see if that had a panner. 5.1 tracks can't be panned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-03-14 114726.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In all seriousness, how can you expect to see a panner on a 5.1 track with a 5.1 master?

There is nothing to actually pan!

If, however, you split the audio into mono tracks you WILL get a panner.

Be aware though that if you set the dots to extremes, it can go haywire - and the LFE is particularly problematic.

The biggest problem I have with Premiere is that the audio handling feels like an afterthought to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines