• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Clip From Creating Audio Tracks

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our clips have 8 tracks of audio which is unfortunately not something that can be changed. My sequence has 4 as a default with 3 and 4 turned off. When I drop a clip into the timeline (I use the keyboard shortcuts for insert and overwrite, I do not drag the clips down with the mouse) it creates channels 5-8 and adds the audio to them. Is there a setting that exists that will prevent clips from creating extra audio channels? Someone else made the sequences and doesn't want anyone else to alter them. I have asked them to change the sequence so it starts with all 8 channels but 3-8 turned off, but it seems like I should just be able to set a personal setting to prevent tracks being created.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Haver you considered selecting the source clips in the Project Panel, and once selected right clicking on any one of the selected clips and choose Modify > Audio Channels . . . and removing the extra channels from the clips?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haver you considered selecting the source clips in the Project Panel, and once selected right clicking on any one of the selected clips and choose Modify > Audio Channels . . . and removing the extra channels from the clips?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..and create a Preset of this Audio Mapping...for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works. Unfortunately I can't select multiple clips at once, since they get recorded at various times throughout the day. So it may still just be quicker to delete the extra audio channels off the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select multiple files (or an entire Bin) and Modify the Audio.

Keep your rushes in Separate Bins if you import them at separate times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved my problem. Thanks!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines