• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem wiht keyboard shortcuts

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost my keyboard settings after a reinstallation. I have tried to recreate them correctly. I also placed a keyboard file from my other computer, where the shortcuts work properly, into the folder with the keyboard shortcut files, but it doesn't work on the keyboard. Can anyone help? 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost my keyboard settings after a reinstallation. I have tried to recreate them correctly. I also placed a keyboard file from my other computer, where the shortcuts work properly, into the folder with the keyboard shortcut files, but it doesn't work on the keyboard. Can anyone help? 🙂

By @Bauloni

You should place the kys-file in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\24.0\Profile-Username\Win on a windows machine, but just doing that wont change anything. So, in Premiere Pro press Ctrl+Alt+K and then go to Preset and select your own keyboard shortcuts.

Its a similar file path on the Mac as well.

Averdahl_0-1725007269150.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - but that's precisely what i've done, and it stil doesn't work... Very strange... Seems to be at deeper lying problem...  🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - but that's precisely what i've done, and it stil doesn't work... Very strange... Seems to be at deeper lying problem...  🙂 

By @Bauloni

If you have placed the .kys file in the Win-folder it should work. If not, resetting the Preferences often solves the problem. Close Premiere Pro and launch it again but this time while pressing and holding down the Shift-key. This will bring up the dialog were you can check Reset app preferences and the click on Continue.

When done, press Ctrl+Alt+K and then go to Preset and select your own keyboard shortcuts. Hopefully it works this time.

Averdahl_0-1725008012719.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats even more strange is, that one of the custum settings is working fine... But the two others don't (pictures)... Key 1.PNGKey 2.PNGKey 3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats even more strange is, that one of the custum settings is working fine... But the two others don't (pictures)... 

By @Bauloni

Are you sure that you have placed the file in the correct folder? For example, if i install Premiere Pro 23.0 and then uninstall it and install Premiere Pro 24.0 i will have two folders in

C:\Users\Roger\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro. One folder is named 23.0 and the other 24.0. If i now place my kys-file in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\23.0\Profile-Username\Win and open Premiere Pro 24.0 i won´t be able to find my shortcuts at all. So make sure that you place it in the correct folder for the Premiere Pro version you use.

What should i look at in the screeen dumps? I don´t see any abnormal in any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sure the file is in the right folder. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to select it in Premiere, right...? It's really strange that it doesn't work. I added "Add Edit" where I usually have it, and that works fine. But I can't get zooming in and out of the timeline or sequence to work...

I was a bit too quick with the screenshots. It was just so you could see if everything looked okay. But you didn't know exactly what I want it to do... However, the settings are an exact copy of my settings on my personal computer. I tried to set that up before I came up with the idea of copying the project file. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sure the file is in the right folder. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to select it in Premiere, right...?

By @Bauloni

Yes, if you can select it it´s in the correct folder! 🙂

It's really strange that it doesn't work. I added "Add Edit" where I usually have it, and that works fine. But I can't get zooming in and out of the timeline or sequence to work...

Did you reset the Preferences as described abowe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried that yet. I'm a bit afraid that it will reset all sorts of other settings, which I won't be able to figure out how to get back... 🙂 But I guess I should give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't work either... But thanks for your help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I can't get zooming in and out of the timeline or sequence to work...

By @Bauloni

• Do you mean Zoom In, Zoom Out or Zoom to Sequence?
  • Can you add another command to the key/keys that don´t work, for testing purposes?
  • Do you use PC or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It suddenly works! Maybe I missed something earlier, but I can't figure out what it could have been... I used a different shortcut file, which I'm sure I had tested before, and it worked. However, it's still puzzling that the shortcut file I copied from my personal PC didn't work on my work PC, even though it works on the personal one... But I'm happy, and I thank you so much for taking the time to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It suddenly works! 

By @Bauloni

Great to hear that! Thanks for reporting back! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It suddenly works! Maybe I missed something earlier, but I can't figure out what it could have been...

By @Bauloni

Maybe restarting the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines