Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with keyboard shortcuts premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have read about 100 community posts about fixing my keyboard problem I'm having with Adobe Premiere Pro. 

This are the things I know:
I think I have a problem with my .kys files.
I tried repairing Adobe CC.
I tried reinstalling Premiere Pro.
I tried deleting preferences from Premiere Pro (by starting it with holding ALT)
I'm using a bluetooth keyboard from logitech --> now the software/panel 'logioptions' is installed automatically with that. I tried running premiere pro without using this keyboard and without having bluetooth on. --> Still not working.
I've tried deleting logioptions from Premiere Pro --> Not working.

I know that my .kys files are stored in 

C:\Users\jaspe\OneDrive\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-jaspe\Win

Which is weird to me, why is it stored in OneDrive...

I've used the Adobe CC cleaner tool (removed all of adobe cc and reinstalled)

I've gone as far as making a new administrator account on my pc together with an adobe support technician. Didn't work.

I know for sure it has to do with my keyboard shortcut preferences. Because it's just greyed out: see attachment2. I can still set a shortcut (attachment3) and then that key works! So I know for sure my keyboard is working correctly! 

I want to get the default shortcuts working but I can't seem to get the 'original' default .kys file working.

So wrapping up: 
- keyboard shortcuts don't show up in Premiere Pro > Edit > Keyboard Shortcut preferences
- it's weird to me that it's saved in OneDrive
- I have a logitech keyboard (K780) which automatically installs logioptions which might cause issues.
- Can someone please help me. I'm tired of this. I've had this problem for 6months. I'm paying for the software but it's a pain in the ass to work without keyboard shortcuts.
- I think my 'original'/default premiere pro .kys file is corrupted and I don't have another one on my pc --> I think that everytime I reinstall adobe cc this corrupted .kys file is loading again which is why my keyboard is not working at all with premiere pro (it works fine in other apps)

UX / UI Designer | Entrepeneur | Video and Visual effects | Animation
TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the Keyboard Layout Option drop down, and re-select Adobe Premiere Pro Default:

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 9.58.07 AM.png

Any luck?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Tried doing this before. Still doesn't work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a number of odd folders now duplicated in One Drive. Lightroom was saving to a Pictures folder created there. I think Premiere is looking for your keyboard shortcuts in the wrong place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be the problem! As i've now found that in the path C:\users\username\documents there aren't any folders. So for some reason my windows installation has moved/is using the onedrive folder for all my files.

I don't have problems making new custom keyboard shortcuts.
I just want to use the default Adobe Premire Pro keyboard shortcuts but still it doesn't give me an error or anything but the keys are just all grey (no shortcut has been set).

attachment4.png

As you can see in the screenshot underneath I have now set the shortcuts I knew 'from memory' and everytime I remember a new shortcut like for example C for the razor tool I'm adding it. It's a workaround so that I can continue working on my project but still I would like to fix that Premiere Pro can't load the 'standard' keyboard layout presets, none of them work. Only custom keyboard layout presets that I'm (newly) creating are workingattachment5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A default set of keyboard shortcuts are located here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2020\Keyboard Shortcuts\en

Change the language if you need to.

Yes, the OneDrive thing seems odd. Here's a path to the Keyboard shortcut folder:

%UserProfile%\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-%UserName%\Win

It should work, otherwise, get to the 14.0 folder and see how many profiles are there? I got an extra one "Profile-CreativeCloud-" when I turned on syncing. I still don't think it works, but my keyboard files are stored in the later one now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the One Drive issue is caused by an automatic backup option in One Drive, it makes duplications of your Pictures, Desktop and other 'system' folders. I have found that certain programs use these folders rather than the origional ones under 'user'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes what I did now:

I stopped syncing this folder to onedrive. 
Now I have my 'standard' documents folder back. 

I now moved all files from my onedrive 'documents' folder to my 'regular' documents folder.

I started premiere pro and it is able to still find my custom keyboard shorcuts that I have set but still the default keyboard shortcuts aren't  working.

Also my adobe creative cloud keeps logging out when I startup premiere pro 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines