Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Production Archiving

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a Premiere Production with nearly 100 projects in it. I archive the corresponding media files, and keep the project files intact in the Production. My questions are:

1) How much space do these project files take up (without the media files)

2) Is there a process for archiving these old projects while maintaining the cohesiveness and functionality of the production? (simply scrolling down 100+ project files to open the new one is a bit cumbersome)

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erik,

How are you? Well, I hope. Happy Friday. 

1) How much space do these project files take up (without the media files)

It depends on the contents of each project. I can be only kilobytes, or it can be 50MB. Let's just say that these files are usually not large. However, you add together 100 of them and they will add up. The few productions I have are much smaller, like 20 projects. These take up a couple hundred MB.

2) Is there a process for archiving these old projects while maintaining the cohesiveness and functionality of the production?

I think the PDF covers this when migrating versions, etc. Have you read it? Here is a link. Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, the linked PDF does not provide information about the archival process (Or I was unable to locate this information within the document).
Are there any guides or other sources available that provide information about the archival process in a production setting? Erik's second question is particularly important for me.

Thanks,
Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines