Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program and source monitor goes black when adjusting Ultra Key

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello forum members,

I have a nested sequence with multicamera enabled on the timeline.  I am keying a green screen using the "Ultra Key" effect.  After a few minutes of adjusting the key the program monitor goes black.  If I double click on the edit, the source monitor is black also.  I can scrub the timeline in the sequence and/or the program monitor and hear audio but no video displays at all.  Even if I "undo" all edits and adjustments, no video displays in source monitor or program monitor.  The only way to get video to display again is to restart Adobe Premiere.  But as soon as I get started adjusting the Ultra Key, all video disappears.

Here are things I have done in an attempt to remedy this issue:

1.  Cleared media cache

2.  Reset preferences

3.  I was running "Premiere Pro CC 2015.3" updated to "Premiere Pro CC 2017"

4.  Checked for an update to my GPU but there is none though Invidia is offering a "gaming driver"

None of the above solved the problem.

The following did however yield partial solutions:

A.  Under "project settings", "general", "Video Rendering and Playback" select "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only".  This works but defeats the whole purpose of having a CUDA enabled GPU.

B.  Use another key effect.

C.  Use "After Effects"

I have seen this issue in forums, blogs and videos dating back to July and before.  People have sent "bug fixes" to Adobe concerning this.  The Ultra key effect is one of the most useful tools in Premiere but this issue was missed in the PP CC 2017 update and the update prior to it.

Does anyone have a complete solution to the issue I am having with the Ultra Key effect in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 or Premiere Pro CC 2017?

Many thanks to anyone who can shed some light upon this issue.

Jerald

Tech Specs:

Intel Core i7-6850K

64 GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

NVMe Toshiba RD400 (OS and programs)

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (Source files)

SanDisk SSD 512GB (Media Cache)

Western Digital Black 2TB HD (Render and Storage)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

This issue should now be resolved with the 11.0.2 update that was released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the only list I am aware of, but I am certain that the Ultra Key Soften issue fix was in the 11.0.2 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update sure fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely not fixed. Give me a shout, look at my computer and you'll see. This has been ongoing for me for several years across 3 different computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Invidia Drivers and Premiere CC. Still blacks out program Monitor

Windows 10,i7-3770K, 16GB RAM, NVIDA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Just posting to receive updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your project is saved on the cloud, try re-saving the project to your hard drive. Close the project and re-open from the hard drive location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who's been experiencing this issue for the last like 10 years without anything fixing it (across 3 different computers, mostly with R3D footage)? I'm on 2021 v15 and this issue is killing me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines