• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Monitor

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Program Monitor constantly keeps lagging in Premiere Pro. Whether its a clip or PNG it will lag and or buffer. There is an example below.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

For anyone with this problem, Just roll back your Adobe Premiere Pro from whatever latest version is out. For example, the latest version as of 2/9/24 is 24.1 I rolled mine back to 24.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That unfortunately did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert1031a,

Sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with specific projects or all of them? Also, let us know the system specs (OS, CPU, GPU & RAM).

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to all projects I open within Premiere Pro. 

Device specks : 

RAM: 16.0 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 - Core Processor

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are 2 hard drives that I use but 4 in total according to dfrgui.

C: Drive (500 GB) (Solid State Drive) ( 289 GB used/local Disk Properties) (464 GB capacity)

D: Drive  (1 terabyte) (thin provisioned space) ( 173 GB used/local disk properties

(929 TB capacity)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the D drive is an HDD and not an SSD, that could be a contributing factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. 

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Robert1031a 

Does the issue clear up if you close the Essential Graphics panel? I've seen this issue inconsistently from other users and wondering if it is affecting you too.

Thanks,

Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No unfortunately it does not stop the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for checking, sorry it was not the solution. I hope it is found soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Robert1031a,

Thanks for the info. It could be media related. How large are the PNG files in dimension? Oversized stills are often non-performant. Given that you do not have Quick Sync, any H.264 or HEVC files will also be non-performant. You might try reducing the image size of stills to be no larger than they need to be. 2x the native sequence size is a guide for animating the still. Any larger is overkill and taxes your system. For footage, I recommend transcoding directly to ProRes LT, as that is a better codec for your CPU/GPU combination. Try those things and report back. I hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most PNG images I have in dimensions are usually 1920 x 1009. Also, how would I go about transcoding directly to ProRes LT, I'm fairly new to this sort of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone with this problem, Just roll back your Adobe Premiere Pro from whatever latest version is out. For example, the latest version as of 2/9/24 is 24.1 I rolled mine back to 24.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Robert, when version 24.2 comes out, if I have a lag, should I roll back to 24.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would personally say yes. If you so happen to have the same problem as me that is, it would be best to go to the previous version to see if the problem fixes itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you know different systems respond to different programs in my experience of having a PC. My PC simply put might not be able to run any version of Adobe Premiere Pro that exceeds 24.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But then I'd be going with the version that caused you problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines