• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Manager Creates Folder For EVERY Video Clip

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old project that I needed to re-edit.

I opened the project in Premiere Pro CC 2022 (updated today).

I wanted to move the project files to a new folder, so I clicked File - Project Manager and chose "Collect Files and Copy to New Location".

When Premiere Pro finished copying the files, the new folder contained a folder for EVERY clip in the project.

For the clip "F55A3929.MOV", Premiere Pro creaed a folder called "F55A3929.MOVBDMV". Inside that folder was a folder called "STREAM". Inside that folder was the clip, "F55A3929.MOV".

It did this for every clip in the project.

How do I get it to do what it used to do, just dump the clips in the destination folder?

I see one other post from 2019 describing the same issue, but with no solution.

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jyunte,

Sorry about that. This issue is new but it seems to be it may have something to do with a conflict between how you originally ingested your clips and a new feature for XMP metadata. This could be the case particularly if your camera captures to media "cards."

While I investigate the cause, my advice is to complete the project in the version the project was created in if that is at all possible.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a known issue, then I'm not overly concerned...

I don't think my method of ingesting the clips was anything special:

The original video was captured by a Canon EOS 5D MK II onto an SD card. The clips were copied to the editing computer and then the project created. The clips were imported into Premiere Pro (version 6) by double-clicking on the project panel and selecting the clips.

I opened the old project in PPro 2022. It contained many clips and sequences that are no longer needed, so I removed unused sequences, saved the file to a PPro 2022 project and removed all unused items (File - Remove Unused). I then went to the Project Manager and tried to copy the project to a new location. That's when this problem ocurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could maybe try to move your sequence to a new fresh project ? 

Otherwise, you can use "PlumePack", the third party paying plugin which is an alternative to the Project Manager. 

Full info about the difference between PlumePack and the native Project Manager here : https://www.autokroma.com/blog/PlumePack-Premiere-Pro-Project-Manager-Difference

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines