• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Projects disappeared

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I went to open the project I finished on Friday, and found that it and every other project I'd been working on for the past two months had vanished. There were a few projects from earlier in the year, but everything after that had simply disappeared without a trace. Unfortunately I hadn't backed up what I was working on, so I guess I'll have to start all over again. Is there any explanation for why this would happen?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any autosaves?  You don't say whether you're on a mac or a pc, but you might do a system wide search for your project name.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac. Weirdly, the autosaves from those older projects are there, but not for the newer ones. I'ts like my computer travelled back in time to before I made them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution or did you start over? The exact same thing happened to me and the project I spent blood, sweat, and tears on is just GONE. I had the same thought that my computer "travelled back in time" because the stuff from 2 months ago is there, but not this week's project. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search your computer for file that have the ".prproj" extention.  Those are your Premiere Pro project files.

Also, how are you currently organizing your work?

I find it helpful to create a folder for each project.  Inside that folder are at the very minimum the following three subfodlers:

• Exports
  • Premiere Pro Project Files
  • Source Footage

With this approach, I'm always able to find any file for any project at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched. The source footage is there, but the projects are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

It is extremely rare (escpecially on a MacOS) to have files "dissapear". There have been some viruses on Windows that could delete files if you ran the initial malicious .exe. But for files to simply disapear is omething I have never heard of. Were all your .proj files in the same folder as the footage or were you saving in another location? The last time I saw something similar was when a user had imported media from an external drive but was saving to the external instead of local. He had forgotten about this and when the project was completed he had erased the external and lost all the saves. He, was however lucky as he had set up hos autosave location to a local folder.

Puzzling...but probably human error?

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines