• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proper way to stabilize time lapse?

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to modifying time lapses in Premier Pro and would like to ask for some general advice regarding stabilization.

The nature of my video is a house being built over the course of months.  The camera was inside a fixed enclosure so the pictures are 98% stable.  The 2% movement is due to the wind pushing on the enclosure.  I have used Warp stabilizer in After Effects and can now apply the same settings in Premier Pro.  It does take a significant amount of time to run however, and in reading tutorials, I have also stumbled across mentions of a legacy stabilizer called Track Motion.  This uses what's mentioned as an Anchor Point.  This does sound quite convenient since I would have several easy to define anchor points.  I am wondering if this would allow me to create easy transitions from one day to the next since I could define the same anchor point in all the videos and then the stabilizer would crop and zoom accordingly?

Should I just stick with applying warp stabilizer for each video individually or is there a better way to stabilize this type of footage using anchor points and if so, could anyone link a tutorial on how to set anchor points?

Warp settings

Result: No Motion

Method: Subspace Warp

Preserve Scale: No

Borders: Stabilize, Crop

Additional Scale: 102%

Schwizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Here's a tutorial for the legacy tracker in After Effects Stabilizing Motion with the Point Tracker - After Effects Tutorial

In Premiere Pro it's warp stabilizer . Here's tutorial  REMOVING TIMELAPSE CAMERA SHAKE: ADOBE PREMIERE TUTORIAL - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a tutorial for the legacy tracker in After Effects Stabilizing Motion with the Point Tracker - After Effects Tutorial

In Premiere Pro it's warp stabilizer . Here's tutorial  REMOVING TIMELAPSE CAMERA SHAKE: ADOBE PREMIERE TUTORIAL - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched that tutorial thank you.  I can not seem to figure out how to bring up that "Tracker" window.  I also don't have the "animation" option at the top of the main menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In After Effects, right? Here's what I do. First open tracker from Window drop down.

1. Import video

2. Make comp from video

3. Select video layer

Tracker should now be live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I switched to Premier Pro to more easily combine many days of video.  The tutorial is in After Effects.  Do you know how to enable the tracker in Premier Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro I would use Warp Stabilizer. Not aware of an equivalent to the After Effects legacy tracker. Are you making the time lapse from a video or from a collection of still photos?

I stabilized a video in Ae with the tracker, and then did it in Pr with warp stabilizer. Took about the same time. Then used posterize time effect to time lapse it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got about 110 folders so I would prefer to only have to crunch them through Pr.  The issue I'm having is that although each "day" is smooth in terms of motion after having applied warp stabilizer, there is a jerky transition from each day to day since each day has a different center point based on how Warp Stabilizer modified that individual day.  This may only be a few pixels, but I figured if I'm going to do this 110 times, may as well do it right the 11th time.  I've already screwed up the first 10 tries;)

My hope with anchor point features was that I could define four corners of a house in each daily video and then define them to be at a specific position in relation to the edges of my frame so that I would get a smooth day to day transition but it doesn't sound like that is possible in Pr.

My issue with Ae was that I didn't know how to add multiple days of time lapses to a timeline as can be easily done in Pr.

Schwizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try this:

Complete your video editing in Pr, then import the finished sequence into Ae for the track stabilizer effect. It worked pretty well for me on a short sequence with a lot of motion. I did the posterize time in Pr before importing the sequence into Ae.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines