• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes 4444 export flipping video on export

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Hoping someone out there has some help to offer. I am working with Arri Alexa Mini footage in the 2018 Premiere release (happened with the previous version also). When the footage came in it had an auto LUT on it, so to rid myself of that and reduce the project bloat I disabled the master effects. Now we are ready to send footage to color and are having this issue. It is not every clip, just one. The raw footage was not shot inverted. It did this once before and I went back to a project save where the footage still had the master clips enabled and It worked fine. Could it be something in the master effects? Any help is welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're sending out for color work, I would assume you're not exporting, but using XML or similar.  My best guess is that the other software just doesn't understand PP effects, used to correct the footage in the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer! We are preforming post moves and effects so an XML into davinci isn't always reliable. We use ProRes 4x4 and the colorist then ingests and we use an EDL to give them the cues for cuts. This works best for us.

The flipping is present on export when opened in Quicktime or any other media player. It is embedded into the video itself. If we export as H.264 then it is no problem and the video looks fine. For a temporary fix I have gone in and reenabled the master effect and then went back in and removed the color effect with my own preset. After that then I can export and It is no problem. Something is happening when the master effects is disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone end up finding a reason for why this happens?

Just experienced this myself on an edit (also prepping for conform).  Exported ProRes 4444 of sequence only from ARRI Raws and the Prores exports came out with two clips inverted.

All effects removed and master settings are at default from clip origin, yet for some reason only two clips invert when they were all shot from the same camera. The export shows fine when done as h.264.  Is it a Prores encoding glitch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem! Any solutions? Pro res 422hq works fine but 4444 exports inverted/mirrored. It's driving me crazy, as it's not on the whole edit, just a few clips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue on prores 4444 alexa mini footage. Only thing I can think of is that the shots that are showing up vertically inverted were shot on steadicam in low mode, with the sensor flipped in camera (so the footage is natively the correct orientation). Maybe there's some sort of metadata flag happening on those shots? But there's footage shot like that that isn't inverted????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just troubleshooted for an hour... nothing. Just resorted to vertically flipping the footage BACK in resolve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines