• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy and exported video runs choppy

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have few videos made by DJI Mavic Aair 2 in 3840x2160/59,94/~12000kb/s in mp4 format.

All of them run in Windows Media Player really smoothly, but some of them run choppy in Premiere Pro after creating proxy. It doesn't matter which preset I use, tried with all. The result is that it runs worse than original file in 4K. Media encoder finished without any errors.

Also those videos run choppy after export when running it in WMP.

I think I used the same settings when recording video, the only thing I changed it was profile color from normal to D-Cinelike but I suppose it shouldn't have any impact.

I also tried to convert those problematic videos into vmw format. The result file also runs choppy even in WMP

Any idea what could happened or how can I fix it? Now I can't works with those files.

I would be grateful for any tips.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please give us specifications on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU 2.80GHz

16 GB DDR 2400

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, drivers 472.12

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB 

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I don't think the issue is related with my system, because as I said I recorded few videos and only some of then runs choppy.

Video A - 3840x2160/59,94/~12000kb/s/mp4 - recorded at 16:53 -> runs well, even with proxy

Video B - 3840x2160/59,94/~12000kb/s/mp4 - recorded at 17:40 -> runs well in WMP, also not so bad in Premiere Pro as a original file in 4K, but proxy file runs choppy and the same is after export.

I would rather say that somehow something is wrong with some of my videos, but don't have idea what.

Is there any way to check deeply video file details and compare if they are different, because in Windows video file details they looks pretty the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Cineform 720p proxies for that footage spec, and it plays really well. Did you try that and/or ProRes proxy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried all proxy types

Video A -> all proxy types works well

Video B -> all proxy types (including ProRes, Cineform, h.264) runs choppy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really would like to know:

<<Video B - 3840x2160/59,94/~12000kb/s/mp4 - recorded at 17:40 -> runs well in WMP, also not so bad in Premiere Pro as a original file in 4K, but proxy file runs choppy and the same is after export.>>

What exactly is the proxy file. ProRes, Cineform, h.264? And what is the frame size.

You can use the free MediaInfo program to get info on your clips. Get the program from the link below and using the 'Tree' view post a screenshot of your clip info: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with all proxy types.

Below screenshots from MediaInfo (first one -> DJI_0498.mp4 works well, second -> DJI_0510). Both looks pretty the same.

Andrzej5CA7_0-1635196420517.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJI_0510.mp4 run choppy with all types of proxy, DJI_0498.mp4 always well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete your media cache?

Try that first. If it doesn't help, and you can upload the problem clip, google drive, etc, I can give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Start PP from it's normal desktop icon (IE: don't open from a project file link).
• Close the Open/Home screen (and you will be in PP without a project open).
• Go into Edit/Preferences/Media Cache (Mac users adjust menu name)
• Then Press: Remove Media Cache Files: and Delete...
• Select: Delete all media cache files from the system and OK
• Close PP - It will create any needed cache files on the fly as you edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That helped, great.

Many thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines