• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.prproj Files will not associate with Premiere Pro 2018

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many Premiere Pro files with the .prproj extension.  My files all have adobe acrobat icons next to them. When I right click and go to "open with" - browse to the Premiere Pro executable and select it, nothing happens. Nothing changes. The only "recommended program" in the list is STILL adobe acrobat.

I've done this numerous times to no avail.

Why aren't PremierePro files associating with the program itself, and why do the above mentioned actions not work?

Working on a Windows 7 PC using Premiere Pro CC 2018.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find Microsoft articles on fixing problems with associating files and programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi whatyouare,

Assuming that you already have Premiere Pro and you are able to open/launch it. You just need to change the default program to open .prproj. https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/18539/windows-7-change-default-programs

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried this and it will still not let me associate the file with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines