• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality downscale after uploading to Instagram

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying long to fix this,but I can't. Whenever my export file is uploaded in Instagram the quality is reduced.

I shoot in 4k, edit in a 1080*1920 and export the same in premiere with H.264,vbr pass 2 set at 15 and 24;mbps respectively, with high quality render..The render file usually looks great.But when i upload the quality drastically reduces.

My high quality uploads in Instagram is set on and i tried uploading in the presence of a good wifi connection,still the clarity reduces..

Some one please find a fix for this 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an option in the  Instagram app to "Upload at highest quality".  Is that enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,its already enabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your export is high-quality coming out of Premiere, the issue is likely on Instagram's side.

It's important to note that most platforms will re-encode your video to their own format and settings. When this happens, especially with high-quality video, the initial streamed version may be standard quality. It can take another 10-20 minutes of processing (depending on size and length) before the high-quality version becomes available.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But on the other hand there are lot of content creators whose videos look crystal clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two important topics for digital video:

• Compression Generation Loss

• Peak Signal Noise Ratio (psnr)

In our workflow, we need to keep in mind how well or how poorly our format choices avoid, minimize, or introduce compression generation loss.

Formats with deep psnr avoid it or minimize it.  Formats with shallow psnr do not. 

We could be cutting a social meda post or a feature film.  This always applies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have seen this, but it looks interesting:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/video/hub/guides/upload-high-quality-instagram-videos.html

I would try exporting from PP in ProRes (LT), and upload that, it often works well in YT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although some disagree with my approach, I would refrain from using two pass encoding for social media.

The logic is that social media uses a pass-the-hot-potatoe approach due to sheer volume of things being uploaded. 2-pass encoding means that the entire file is being optimized for file size, not necessarily quality. It is therefore great for use on local playback systems, rather than social media re-encoding.

See if you get better results with 1-pass VBR encoding or even constant bitrate at higher levels. The less processing has to happen at the social media end, the better the results will be when they're done.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines