• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The file has an unsupported compression type" importing MOV files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is something that's been posted about, but I'm not able to resolve it.

Having a problem importing only some of a collection of .MOV files.

I'm getting the error mesage "The file has an unsupported compression type".

I'm almost approaching my last straw with Adobe...just problems after problems.

I've tried:

• uninstalling PP
  • downgrading to previous version.
  • clearing cache
  • Currently converting one of the problem files to MP4 using VLC, but that's not a solution in my mind, it should just work in PP.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Never had this problem until today. I

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Hi. Thanks for this reply. I actually read something else that said rather than deleting the media cache via Premier Pro (in the preferences menu), you need to go in and delete them from the file explorer. Tried that, restarted PP and it's working fine. Hope that helps others having same issue. Appreciate your response though @John T Smith 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also a (regretful) Windows user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOV is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the program below
Free program to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view
- post your information IN your message, not as an attachment that someone would have to download
Does your video use a Variable Frame Rate? See https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Variable-frame-rate-video-with-Premiere-Pro/td-p/4601935
If yes, use https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter to convert to Constant Frame Rate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for this reply. I actually read something else that said rather than deleting the media cache via Premier Pro (in the preferences menu), you need to go in and delete them from the file explorer. Tried that, restarted PP and it's working fine. Hope that helps others having same issue. Appreciate your response though @John T Smith 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BChinn_0-1645309920598.png

Still having this issue can't get mp4 to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

im having same issue.  did u get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines