• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommend me techniques for making instructional videos

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested in making educational videos for my music students, I was wondering if I could get recommendations on what tools/techniques to use as I'm fairly new to video editing. Some examples of the style of videos I want to make are linked below, as you can see there's a lot of charts and text changing throughout the video, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hidden Triads - Extending Your Chord & Lead Playing - YouTube

How to Read Notes Fast - The Landmark System - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend hiring a trained professional, just as you're students have done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree with Jim, if really want to do it yourself, the most important thing is to get your ideas down on paper.  Put them down in a chronological order, with an introduction explaining exactly what the the point of the video is, then progress the video describing each step until you reach a logical conclusion.

Write the complete piece out using double text spacing on the left hand side of each page.  On the right hand hand side roughly sketch or describe what you want to see and hear to correspond with the text on the left. 

Once you have it in this format, you can fine tune various points and you will effectively have a shooting script.  When you have done this, you may realise that you need to take Jim's advice and a pro will be able more easily be able to work from your script.

If you do opt to produce it yourself, discuss your script with the participants and potential viewers and then adjust if necessary.  Doing all this on paper, will point out the method of shooting and hopefully the pitfalls. 

Above all keep it simple.   

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice on how to do all those image changes? Like in the sight reading video there's a red box that moves over the notes in real time, the only way I can think to do that would be placing an image of a red box in one spot from 0:30-0:31, then placing an image of a red box in another spot from 0:31-0:32, but that seems extraordinarily tedious. There's gotta be a faster way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you end up with a solution, LTRojas? Let us know what's going on.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to record your own voiceover, I'd recommend getting a base level USB mic, such as this RODE NT-USB, to record directly into your computer to Premiere Pro CC using the Audio Track Mixer.

If you need to create any screen recordings, I'd recommend Capto for Mac and BandiCam for PC.

If you need to record your keyboard as you showed in one of the sample videos you sent, you can record with an iPhone or another video camcorder or DSLR using a tripod and then you can edit the video to watch the screen recording and your voiceover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice on how to do all those image changes? Like in the sight reading video there's a red box that moves over the notes in real time, the only way I can think to do that would be placing an image of a red box in one spot from 0:30-0:31, then placing an image of a red box in another spot from 0:31-0:32, but that seems extraordinarily tedious. There's gotta be a faster way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go along with Premieregal and would underline what she says about using a tripod especially if using an iPhone.  Get an adaptor if necessary but avoid wobblyvision at all costs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with GuyUK​ - you need to start with a script. Once you have your plan for your video content mapped out, you have a wide variety of tools to work with: from simple, free and easy to use Adobe Spark (Free Online Video Maker | Adobe Spark ) to very comprehensive and powerful Premiere Pro.

You might benefit from building up your own skills library first, and you can do this along with other educators for free on Adobe Education Exchange: Adobe Education Exchange  - take a look at their upcoming course list, including Explanimations, Multimedia Presentations, Digital Storytelling, and Documentaries.

Also, you may have access (for FREE) to Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning training through your school system or local public library, and they have an extensive collection of videos --> that's my daily go-to! My favorite is the Getting Started series from Ashley Kennedy:

Welcome from Premiere Pro CC 2018 Essential Training:  The Basics by Ashley Kennedy

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines