• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording a voiceover records 'nothing'

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro. Premiere Pro v. 13.0.3 (ed.9).

subj

Internal Mic and External Mic record 'nothing'

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the trouble with audio recording, vladimiri. We need more information for investigation.

Please share a screenshot of Premiere Pro Preferences > Audio Hardware window with us. Here are the steps: FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

What is the model and make of the external mic? How exactly is it connected to the machine?

Thanks, 

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I am trying to record a voiceover track in the Timeline.  Premiere won't recognize the internal, nor the external mic, but my computer recognizes both. My external mic (iHip) is part of a cheap headphone/mic combo device. I have successfully recorded audio with this cheap device in Apple's Garage Band app and it works with my cell phone.

I have quit out of Premiere and re-launched, but the problem persists. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

My screenshots:

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.34.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.31.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.33.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Privacy and make sure Premiere Pro is allowed to access your microphone:

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 7.55.23 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem as you have. All audio devices and routing are correct but when I try to record a VO no audio will be recorded. I use the exact same setup into Logic Pro X and the audio records perfectly. THERE IS DEFINATELY A BUG IN THIS VERSION OF PREMIER!!! Please correct as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem . All audio devices and routing are correct but when I try to record a VO no audio will be recorded. I use the exact same setup into Logic Pro X and the audio records perfectly. THERE IS DEFINATELY A BUG IN THIS VERSION OF PREMIER!!! ADOBE... Please correct as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Imac has the same problem. All setup correctly confirmed by testing directly to computer or Logic Pro X and audio recorded perfectly. Definately a bug in Premier 14.7!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines