• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Giant Universe Plugin not seen by Premiere Pro CC 2015 - The Fix

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most current version of Red Giant Universe 1.4. I re-downloaded Red Giant Link as instructed by Red Giant. I reloaded Universe. Here Is the path:

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/Red Giant Universe

Obviously, this is the same path for Premiere Pro CC 2014 which report Universe and load the effects and transitions.

HERE is the conflict. All of the Universe individual effects end with     _AE_FX.aex   which should be OK, but every other plugin simply is  .aex

I notice that when Premiere Pro CC 2015 is loading, while the splash screen is still up, it sees the Universe folder, but NONE of the effects or transitions.

I tested this fix by renaming a plugin from "Universe_Blur_Blur_AE_Fx.aex" to "Universe_Blur_Blur.aex" . It properly loaded from the path described above and was able to be applied to a Premiere Pro CC 2015 clip. In other words, the entire naming convention must be changed.

This is a fix applied in Windows Ultimate 7.0 . MAC users will need to research on their own.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this now and it worked. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no need to rename them.

I just discovered this method : simply the " copy-paste " ALL ,

WINDOWS will then automatically generate a copy of such name as "Universe_Blur_Blur_AE_Fx - Copie.aex"

and it works in Premiere Pro !!

so excuse me for my bad english I am from France!

have a nice week end!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe premiere CC but when i go to load universe transitions it show up in the video effects bin and not video transitions and once i put it on a video from video effects the program crashes does any one have a solution for this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Omar... see 8. above for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work universe video transitions are still in the video effects bin do you know any other solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I desperately need to use one of these plugins for a project due very soon, but even with Videowilk‌'s fix I can't seem to get this working. I can add other (free) plugins to Premiere with no issue. I do see Premiere loading the plugins in the welcome screen, like others have noticed.

Anyone have any ideas or words of advice? I'm on Mac, too, so I'm going to ApplicationSupport instead of ProgramFiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post saved me a ton! By just copying all (ctrl + alt+ C) and then pasting that solved the problem!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Coremelt plugins are not loading for some reason.  In the finder they all have the extension of .plugin not .aex.  However, all my RedGiant plugins have the same extension and load fine.   Does anyone know what else can be done to load these plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac and was able to fix the problem my simply downloading the plugins again directly from Coremelt's website and installing them again.  For some reason, Premiere was not able to read them or lead them correctly even though they were there with the other plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, @Greywolf. That was my life saver! Thank you!
I hope Red Giant are reading this in order to fix things at their end going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greywolf, thank you!!!

I've wasted a whole day in the studio trying to fix this one until I found this post. Yes, adding the extension .aex fixed the problem, but why in the name of sweet billy pilgrim hasn't Red Giant sorted this out as it's clearly a problem for a lot of users, not impressed.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris, you don't need to rename each file, just move the folder. See post #8 above. Works on all plug-ins.

Cheers,

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks. Added file extension anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Red Giant plugins just disappeared for me. I didn't update anything, not PR, not Windows, I made no system changes. It was like yesterday all Red Giant plugs were there and working, then the next day bam - gone.

The fix above, post 9 I think, "move problem plugin folders out of ProgramFiles/Adobe/Common/Plugins/7.0/MediaCore, start PR with shift, move plugs back, restart PR" ... bam, fixed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Greywolf thanks sir for explaining this to us , it worked for me after a week trying to find a solution with my project that I was working on using this Universe Transitions.

when I open Premiere Pro 11.1 it shows me there are missing' no longer there. But I went on using your methods of renaming everything.

now I'm happy thanks to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines