• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red line above sequence appearing when no changes were made from previous session

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community,

The red line indicator appears above one of my sequences when I reopen Premiere Pro to work on my project.  Previews were made and no changes were done to this sequence since my previous session and the line was green.  My render file still exists in the same storage folder as before.  Puzzled as to why I have to re-render the thing again.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Mac M2 Max

PPro 24 - latest build as of today

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I clicked Premiere Pro -> Discussions...  thought this was correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had that happen.  I created a new project and imported the old on into it, and that fixed it.

Are the media or render files located on an external drive?

How much free space is on your drive(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I will try this.  Maybe a bug lurking somewhere?  Both the media and render files are on an external SSD with plenty of free space.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were Windows, I would say that you need to assign a fixed drive letter to the external drive, or the path to the rendered files would be lost each time the drive was disconnected and reconnected  (or the computer was shut down and restarted).

I'm not sure of how Macs keep track of external drives, but that may be part of the problem.

What is the capacity of the external drive, and how full is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your feedback Peru Bob.  The external drive has 1.47 of 2TB available - so plenty of space.  Apple's OS is Unix-like; mine is set to 'mount' the external drives automatically; it's always mounted and active when I power up.  I thought I was being impatient and it may just take a while to update to the current state; but I've waited and it seems to not.  I have noise reduction (NR) on just one clip (I avoid NR like the plague) and it's just annoying to re-render.  Not the end of the world.  Maybe I'll re-route the previews to the local HD to see what happens??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you have enough free space on the local HD, it's worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for the kind responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines