Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RED RAW Proxy workflow still very laggy

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey yall,

Shot a video on RED Komodo in 6k RAW. Made ProRes proxies for the edit but the perfomance of the proxies are probably only 5% better than the actual raw footage. I basically can't work on the project. 

My computer is a 2020 Macbook Pro M1. 

Last solution that came to my mind is figuring out a way to ONLY work with the proxies (not even having the 6k footage in the project), until the export. 

Let me know if anyone has any help on this, my deadline is soon lol... Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chrish47046569,

We're sorry to hear about this. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please let us know the specifications of the Proxy preset that you have used & the location where these files are saved (internal/external/network drive).

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been having the same issues. I shot a project on a Red Komodo, 60fps, 800 ISO 180 nGlobal Shutter. I use the media browser to import and the files playback very poorly, jittery and to fast. Final Cut has no problem with these files! I'm on a 2020 Mac mini m1 and we are about to give Adobe all together and go with Final cut if we cant resolve this issue. I ahve spent 2 days using every Adobe work around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines