• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Screen rendering issues

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I just bought a new pc and installed Adobe Premiere pro latest edition.

I did not get this issue with my previous PC which is much much less powerful. When I work on a video clip I am getting where the clip turns completly RED. I have seen others with this issue but I have not seen a FIX for it.

I'm working with .MP4 files uploaded from my iPhone

exporting to Mp4 also

PC

CPU i7 6700

16gb ram

nvidia 745

2TB harddrive

windows pro 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

its because your video recorded by i Phone, i Phone record variable frame rate , and just like Jasontcox said try to disable the GPU and try first then transcode it using handbrake to convert to constant frame rate.

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

convert to constant frame rate using handbrake

https://handbrake.fr/

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does that do? so i have to download a video. transcode it through hand brake then use Adobe? Seems like with the amount of money I am paying for Adobe I shouldnt have to do all that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its because your video recorded by i Phone, i Phone record variable frame rate , and just like Jasontcox said try to disable the GPU and try first then transcode it using handbrake to convert to constant frame rate.

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Muhannad said is a good point, Premiere doesn't like variable frame rate video which the iPhone creates. However, usually that just leads to sound sync issues. I'd also try turning off GPU acceleration if that doesn't work. (File->Project Settings->General).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a try and report back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Adobe's MAX conference last week, a presenter mentioned in class that the iPhone's built-in camera app is not the best one to use for real iPhone filmmaking. Better to use an app like Filmic Pro, where you can tel the app to record at a constant bit rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its one of these challenging areas of video editing. Do you blame Adobe for not handling variable frame rate well? Or do you blame Apple (and other phone manufacturers) for shooting in a weird format? One recommendation moving forward (if you're going to use a lot of iPhone video) is to look for a video/camera app that shoots at a constant frame rate. I've heard mixed results about people using Filmic Pro. Some said it locks into a specific frame rate, others have said it gives the same issue, but sadly I haven't tried it. When it doubt, the Handbrake solution is the path to try if simply turning off GPU acceleration doesn't work.

You can ask Adobe for this as a feature request!

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, first time posting on this forum and I am new to Premiere Pro. I am also having this issue, and it seems to be when my GPU gets stressed out when loading video previews in the media browser. I have a relatively high spec system and all of my footage was shot with Canon 7D mark II 1080p50. It happens when hover scrubbing, and occasionally when playing media in the source and project monitors. Any ideas? I will try turning off GPU Acceleration but will this not drastically decrease performance? Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem and I used a proper Video camera. (I had a DOP using some $100,000 video camera) Don't remember which one. Still happens.

Turning off the GPU deleted all my work sooooo.

I'm seriously pissed. No one anywhere has a solution to this! I have been on so many forums, and tutorial's and no one has an actual answer. From what I can tell, this has been going on since 2011. Old versions and brand new.

Surely someone from Adobe can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, it didn't delete all my work, just told me it would be best. Either way, turning off the GPU did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines