• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Razor Cut

Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to go back into a sequence and remove a razor cut?

Thanks
Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a great design and I would be really impressed if I see it in Premiere Pro! Just make sure that "undo" will turn the purple indicators back to red at the appropriate time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback Zooropa75.   Yes, by design, if a change to a clip turned part of a Through-Edit to purple, undoing that change (either with Ctrl-Z or manually) would change the Through-Edit marker back to red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin. I just figured I was missing something. I could do it with Avid so I just assumed I could do it with PPro. Good idea with just deleting the clip and then just dragging.

Hopefully future versions will have a way of doing this...

Thanks
Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad this worked for you. Be sure to ask for enhanced functionality in this regard, like I have...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all depends on how your preferences are set. If you have 99 undo levels set, going back to your history may be sufficient to resolve the issue. If it is more, then Colin's suggestion may come in handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submited the request...

Thanks again...

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing you can do is select the two clips, right click and Nest.

Or; select the two clips and right click and choose Group if you just want them to stay connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought grouping worked on vertically selected clips, such as video and audio. Will it work with video clips selected linearly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I thought grouping worked on vertically selected clips, such as video and audio. Will it work with video clips selected linearly?

Yes.

You may be thinking of Linking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Yes, it works for items on the same track (ie. V1) or items on different track (V1 and V2). You can also group non-contiguous items, if you're so inclined. For instance, you could have Clip A, Clip B, and Clip C all on V1, and group just A and C. They could also be on multiple tracks, separated by time, as well. Kind of a nifty feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep...Linking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I like the nesting idea. I did not know that you could nest that way...

I did not think you would be able to group on the same line either.

More good info...

Thanks
Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can even nest discontiguous clips. The nest just inserts transparency where there are spaces between selected clips.

But when you do that you have to start paying attention. :)

After nesting; check the project panel for the a seq of the original clips. Its interesting feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, I will have to check that out...

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than Undo, or rolling your edit back after removing the section, no. Please make a feature request: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have a read folks :

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/

Second paragraph under the heading (Nearly) all new and changed features in the next version of Premiere Pro : Importing and sequence setup

Fifth from the bottom.

Sai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly but I use the rolling edit to next or previous edit point. It disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on CC try Join Through Edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens has the answer.  Right click on the edit and select Join Through Edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% solution found.

Hold cmd (ctrl on pc) + click and drag to select all layers with cut marks, then delete.

This will not delete footage. This will delete blade marks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fizzlefest,

Thank you!  Finally after 10+ years Adobe gave us the ability to remove CUTs.  Ctrl + select clips + delete, cut gone!

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold the CTRL Key, drag the mouse to select the clips, then hit the DELETE Key.

Here it is in action:

Heal Multiple cuts - Premiere Pro CC Keyboard shortcut - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines