• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tsnider99

Was there an updated version of PP CC released? What was the newest version?

Why isn't Adobe letting customers (that have an open case number regarding this issue) that the bug has been fixed in this new update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jimcoulter wrote:

Was there an updated version of PP CC released? What was the newest version?

If you've been following the news since yesterday afternoon, or if you're checking your CC application, you'll see that the suite has been updated to the new '2014' version for most apps.  Including Premiere Pro.

Why isn't Adobe letting customers (that have an open case number regarding this issue) that the bug has been fixed in this new update?

Because it hasn't.  Folks that aren't seeing the lines in exports with the new 2014 version but were in the previous version are just having good luck.  The issue still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. However I downloaded and installed the new 2014 update and it seems to have fixed all my issues. The stuttery video and audio playback are gone on initial testing. This is with GPU acceleration on! Also the timeline rendered fast and before it would hang up and crash. I have not tried exporting to AME queue yet- waiting for AME 2014 to download but I will post my results. This is making my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy that he update seems to have fixed the issue for SOME people - but I think it needs to be made clear that THIS ISSUE PERSISTS on other machines.

I am still stuck in Software Only mode on Premiere - as OpenCL renders my export covered in lines.

Is there no official word on fixing this? This is such a crime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Travis, Please see Kevin's post #189. That is the current official word.

As to the fact that "the issue" is fixed for some users but not for others, I suspect that this thread encompasses more than one root problem that happen to manifest similarly. In which case one could be fixed without addressing another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next build of 10.9.4 13E19 is available. Anyone tried it yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

havent tried it yet, but my media encoder cc 2014 just crashed on me again when trying to export an mpeg 2 straight out of after effects via AME using open CL.

It's ridiculous, since I am able to export a mpeg 2 in AME using openCL if I import it directly to AME and hit export..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate to sound dumb here, but since one of the most reasonable solutions is to downgrade to 10.9.2, can someone please tell me how to do that--safely? Using software rendering is too slow and I might as well work on my mac book pro if that's the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time Machine, if you use it.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the latest mavericks beta show up in the app store for anyone using the beta seed program yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest beta does not fix the rendering issues. Adobe needs to do a way better job in letting it's clients know what's happening. This is like watching a slow-motion train wreck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Silberfarb wrote:

Latest beta does not fix the rendering issues. Adobe needs to do a way better job in letting it's clients know what's happening. This is like watching a slow-motion train wreck.

Again, we're working with Apple and AMD on a fix. We can't give you an ETA on that fix at this time. Here's a blog on the matter: Premiere Pro and Mac OS X 10.9.3 | Premiere Pro work area As frustrating as that is, that's the best I can do for you right now. Sorry.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity: Does this occur in Windows 8 on bootcamp on the nMP as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Kevin

for letting us know

Much appreciated

wendy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

much appreciated info indeed.

I just hope this gets fixed soon! My current job requires more scaling and converting of LONG videos than ever before. Having seen the last couple of days how fast this goes on the GPU (2 minutes for a 30 min video) it's really frustrating that today, out of the blue, still using the exact same beta and everything, artifacts came back. Now, with software rendering the same export takes 23 minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chfilm wrote:

Does the latest mavericks beta show up in the app store for anyone using the beta seed program yet?

My Mac Pro finally decided it wanted to upgrade to the 10.9.4 beta today, so I let it.  Thus far: no strange lines in the exports either via AME or from Premiere.  I haven't done a ton of testing though, so I wouldn't take my experience as gospel just yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this is not a fluke, but a sign of things to come.

Thanks for the update.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the new Adobe 2014 update has 'fixed' some of my primary issues- Choppy playback (Video and audio) and GPU acceleration still has some bugs. I rendered my entire sequence (really fast) but strangely ONLY the lower thirds with alpha channels play back with the horizontal lines. They stop immediately after the RENDERED lower third passes. When I play the movie UN rendered the same lower thirds play back fine. (weird)

I can look at each RENDERED clip and see the lines even when the CTI is sitting on it. It looks like all the primary video plays just fine.

However- the biggest issue continues- I have tried exporting to AME and it's just ticking off time- no movement in the render status bar.

Looks like only PART of my issues were resolved with Adobe's 2014 update. This did NOT fix all the issues- at least for me I'm sad to report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really is completely random:

My issues seemingly had gone, only to reappear at full strength like an hour ago.

After several restarts, when not even my displays would turn on again, after having unplugged all thunderbolt devises, replugged them in and rebooted 3 times, now I can export with open CL again, without any issues.

I now installed the latest beta. So far it seems to work again. I'm not trusting it yet though. "Luckily" I have this project I'm working on the next days with tons of encoding (and resizing) operations to do, so I can stress-test it a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo, not to get off topic, and I won't linger on what I'm about to present, but I just updated to CC (2014) in hopes of remedying what I'm now calling "Premiere Pro/Mac Pro incompatibility". PP opens and seems to function normally until I try to insert (,) video onto the timeline. Then the "A serious error has occurred. PP must restart and will attempt to save your proj... blah blah...." window comes up and it restarts. Note that I can drag and drop video directly from the media folder with no problems. It's just when I insert (,) or overwrite (.) from the source window. I thought this was just another one of PP and MP's hatred of each other, but the same thing happens on my "trusty" Macbook Pro that has allowed me to weather the storm everyone has described so far. FYI I did attempt a render on the video I dragged from the media folder just to see if the Mac Pro problems were still there, and in my case they were just as bad or worse. Completely unusable.

I'm now stuck using the old version of Premiere Pro CC on my ancient laptop for what I'm now convinced is... forever? I'm now counting and the last 4 new products or updates from Apple and Adobe has fixed nothing and broke something else. Talking to Adobe or Apple on the phone has been no help at all, because everything seems to be the other's fault. These companies should relocate to D.C.. They'd fit in nicely.

I know this is likely not related to the Mac Pro rendering issues, but I'm searching for a sibling in this new struggle. Has ANYBODY experienced what I'm describing? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to move some time-sensitive projects from my not-so-trusty new Mac Pro to my still-trusty rMacBook Pro. I count myself fortunate to have the backup so that I can render videos without glitches. It feels a little silly having the new Mac Pro function even for a moment as an empty flower vase. Indeed, I hope that somewhere, some engineers from Apple and Adobe are rolling up their sleeves, working almost 24/7 to fix this problem. I feel like I'm spending a similar amount of effort just to get around that problem and meet client deadlines.

Noise is our only tool at the moment.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fastplanetwil's government analogy is spot on. sadly we live in a time of almost no accountability. I'm used to seeing this in politics, but never thought I would see it coming from the amazing software and hardware developers that make my career possible. Lots of talking and no real solutions. I expect a lot more from companies who I invest good money in annually. If only some high profile celebrity would start making noise about this issue, maybe we would see some meaningful action. I hear Brad Pitt is bored these days. Someone call him...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, The Pro Mac Blog is support-worthy since Lou Borella has shown with his We want a new mac Pro facebook Page that he can raise some attention, and is willing to do so. I don't understand why some people in this thread are opposing his dedication!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to share my experience with horizontal banding in Premiere CC, After Effects CC, Adobe Media Encoder and Davinci Resolve 10 Lite (10.1.5).

I just received a brand new Mac Pro with dual AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB graphics cards.  Computer shipped with 10.9.3 preinstalled.  I then installed the entire suite of CC 2014 and Davinci Resolve. Upon my first transcode  from Premiere (.R3D to Prores 422HQ) lines appeared (about 1px in height) across my entire transcoded frame as you can see in the picture below. 

Problem persists in Davinci Resolve and is mitigated if I disable the Open CL in both CC and Resolve.   Not a solution as my transcode speeds are less than my 2012 iMac when the Open CL engine is disabled.  Please advise as to when this known problem will be resolved or how I can install a legacy version of OS X.  Thank you.

3.jpg

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a dropbox link with high-res images of my computer and of the images that are posted above.

Dropbox - HORIZONTAL BANDING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines