• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Rendered about 20 videos to different formats with AME over the weekend on 10.9.4 and so far, no errors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good sign! So just when is 10.9.4 to be released to the non-betas?

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats up to Tim cook but you can try out the beta for yourself: OS X Beta Program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the link.

I’ve signed up and am awaiting an affirmative nod from Mr. Cook.

I don’t think I have much to loose, as rocky a ride as 10.9.3 is giving me.

Be well,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really curious what your experiences will be. Am still expecting purple lines throughout my exports any time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is so unpredictable. Last night I rendered three 15-minute programs in Open CL. The first two were flawless. The third spanked me with a vengeance.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chfilm wrote:

I Rendered about 20 videos to different formats with AME over the weekend on 10.9.4 and so far, no errors!

Yep.  The results from further testing are all positive.  I've seen no purple lines or glitches on the exports.  For the record, it's build 13E19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason Van Patten wrote:

chfilm wrote:

Yep.  The results from further testing are all positive.  I've seen no purple lines or glitches on the exports.  For the record, it's build 13E19.

Same here. Projects work smoothly. From AE tiff sequences to DSLR footage with layereffects and all kind of stuff. Latest build 13E19 and CC 2014!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

How and where did you get the latest 10.9.4 build (13E19)

Are you in Apple's Beta program? I signed up for the Yosemite Beta Release but they said they would send me an email when it's ready. It does't sound like that will be anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jimcoulter wrote:

How and where did you get the latest 10.9.4 build (13E19)

Are you in Apple's Beta program?

User pointed out that Apple now has a public 10.9.4 beta available for sign-up here.  It seems to take a random amount of time before the App Store shows the beta as available for download though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Signed up for the public beta program and it took like a day for the built to show up in the app store as an update. my media encoder is still good, no artifacts so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Thanks so much for the link!! I just downloaded and installed the 10.9.4 build and it is working great! I did several exports using Open CL and it's giving me no lines and rendering exactly as it should be. I will continue to watch and post anything amiss…but so far so good!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if the 10.9.4 beta is the same as OSX Yosimite? I'm debating whether or not to sign up for the beta or just wait for the release, BUT if 10.9.4 is Yosemite, the Apple website says Yosimite won't be released until fall and I don't want to wait that long to fix this problem. Anybody know? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CLCTV wrote:

Just curious if the 10.9.4 beta is the same as OSX Yosimite? I

They're not the same thing.  Yosemite is the code name for OS X 10.10.  Mavericks is the code name for 10.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CLCTV no it's not Yosemite. For all the other sceptics out there: All I know is we had a broken system on two nMP's. After the update, they have worked flawlessly all day. Beta or not, I don't really care - it did the trick for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Jason Van Patten wrote:

chfilm wrote:

Good news. Keep that feedback coming.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the 10.9.4 beta as well. It does look to correct the problem! I haven't thoroughly tested it yet, but it is certainly working. No purple lines, this is coming from not working at all. Win!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initial tests with the beta works wonders for our two nMP´s as well. No artifacts in renders or exports so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how does Adobe feel about users updating OSX prior to Apples public release? Safe? Supported? I realize it's a beta version, so no piracy going on. I'd love to do it, but don't want to compromise my system by jumping the gun.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EditorPete wrote:

So how does Adobe feel about users updating OSX prior to Apples public release? Safe? Supported?

The official supported Adobe response regarding this problem is: disable GPU acceleration in Pr/AME until 10.9.4 is released.

I'm not going to speak for Adobe, but I'd imagine that it'd be nearly suicidal from a support perspective to officially tell their customers to upgrade to a beta version of an operating system.  Specially given that version of the OS can (and probably will) change at any given time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what boat I'm in....I can't be beta testing on a machine that I bill my work on. Thanks for keeping me focused. Uggghhh...back to waiting.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Installed it, at this point I have nothing more to loose.

or I use the Mac Pro as a very small external thunderbolt hard drive or updating to the beta makes me at least use it to edit... But still glitches on render.

Good luck,

EA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody out there testing 10.9.4 beta with other software such as C4D or other Adobe software, especially After Effects? Sounds like it's a great fix for Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I started this discussion and have a side question for it's members:

I'm about to invest in a new Macbook Pro for mobile edits, and just want to make sure these issues we're having are confined to the new Mac Pro.

Laptops are okay, right? I can only handle one computer that won't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2012 rMBP is running Premiere Pro CC 2104 without a hitch. Wish I could say the same for the nMP.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines