• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse,

It's probably better to start a separate thread in the Hardware forum.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes my laptop is the only way I can get some of my work out.

But for other stuff (too much to render) I had to give up and give to work to someone else (loosing money and time...).

laptop use  with the MacPro As an external drive. This is the sad reality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i I haven't tested c4d. I've never had any glitches in after effects, since it doesn't really use the gpus for rendering. what kind of problems did you run into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have a time frame when this will be fixed.

I still have 10-12 crashes a day where I have to shutdown and restart my computer.  No rime or reason why it happens but it is not just OS it is all in Adobe, everything else on my machine is fine.

Adobe keeps trying to send me notices that my case is done and fixed and I write back saying keep it open and how about fixing it.  I do miss FCP stability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boru,

Boru wrote:

Does Adobe have a time frame when this will be fixed.

Sorry, we don't have anything new to tell you.

Boru wrote:

I still have 10-12 crashes a day where I have to shutdown and restart my computer.  No rime or reason why it happens but it is not just OS it is all in Adobe, everything else on my machine is fine.

Well, that's a different issue than the artifacts on export. Feel free to create your own post so we can troubleshoot. That would make it easier to do that.

Boru wrote:

Adobe keeps trying to send me notices that my case is done and fixed and I write back saying keep it open and how about fixing it.  I do miss FCP stability.

Feel free to PM me your case number and I'll see what happened there. In the case of the artifacts on exports, there's not much we can do right now, however, we can still troubleshoot your other issues.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is faster?
Setting up a new system plus beta update on an external drive and using CC smoothly until the official update arrives or living with a very slow working environment for unknown days?
I prefer to work without this ***** in front of my face everyday. Since i installed build 13E19 and cc2014 the headache is gone. The build versions occur pretty frequently at the moment.
Build13E25 is already there. For sure i'll stay on 13E19 until the official release! Why? It works! Heureka!
OS X Beta Seed Program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with hasenbau! The latest beta works just lIke the official release of mavericks but without the adobe hiccups!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is good news.  I look forward to the release of this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.9.4: better but not perfect.

Installed the 10.9.4 beta and ran my first PP CC 2014 to AME encode. Remarkably better, but still some occasional glitches. These slightly resemble tape dropout from the old days. First encoding job was on a 20-minute program shot on a BMPCC in ProRes 422 HQ, edited in PP CC, then exported in AME as ProRes 422 HQ as well.

Before the installation of 10.9.4, renderings of this show would fail in the first few seconds, when dissolving from an opening graphic to the talking head.

My system: nMP, 8-core, 32 GB, FirePro D700

A big step. Will test more.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I don't have access to the beta or a time machine backup of version 10.9.2 I got our Apple Store to install a fresh copy of that version on our machine. It did solve our problems. We sure won't update till we know for sure that the update doesn't introduce the issue again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Parcy, we've been debating doing the same thing (returning the Mac Pro to the store to ask for a downgrade to 10.9.2), or just returning it outright w/in the 15 day return window and either moving to a Win box, or waiting until there's a definite fix.

Did the downgrade wipe your system, or were you able to maintain all of your installs/settings, etc? We've put quite a bit of time into getting everything up-and-running, so if the downgrade wipes the system, I think that'll be the deciding factor between downgrading or returning outright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They had to swipe our system clean... And sadly we just found lines in a video we exported.... So 10.9.2 is NOT a fix after all...

What I hate most is the fact that you have to check EVERY frame... imagine not seeing the corrupt frames and sending it off to a client -.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*grumblegrumblemutter*

Scheisse. Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there are still glitches...

I tried to export a DCP and review it, also there there are some glitches...

It is not acceptable for a finished film copy.

I really wish Adobe and Apple will work together and don't release anything until it is tested properly by professionals.

In all this new mac pro, adobe CC and Mavericks update it is not the case.

...And the automatic update doesn't make it easy to avoid the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a brand new MacBook Pro for life & mobile work needs, and will be using that instead of my new Mac Pro until this is solved. It's just unbelievable.

it seems fair that adobe should comp us 6 months of our premiere memberships, or Apple should kick down some applestore credit, or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link provided above for the 10.9.4 fixes the problem on my Mac Pro and no other applications appear to have any issue. I'm not sure why you'd jump through all the hoops of taking it back in lieu of downloading a fix that takes a few minutes to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because some people are still reporting problems with the 10.9.4 Beta. We need an actual fix, not a "kinda works, sorta".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I see. But I'd still recommend trying the fix before deciding it won't work. "kinda works, sorta" has been a reality for Adobe for as long as I can remember so I don't think you'll ever get out of that one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 3Motion,

3MOTION wrote:

So there are still glitches...

I tried to export a DCP and review it, also there there are some glitches...

It is not acceptable for a finished film copy.

Have you tried exporting in "Software Only" mode for the Mercury Playback Engine? A lot slower, but should work.

3MOTION wrote:

I really wish Adobe and Apple will work together and don't release anything until it is tested properly by professionals.

We test in engineering and have an active beta test program. We try and test as thoroughly as possible, but things like this do happen. We are currently working with Apple and AMD on a fix right now.

3MOTION wrote:

...And the automatic update doesn't make it easy to avoid the updates.

We don't do that. You have to expressly update our applications from Creative Cloud. They don't automatically download.

Sorry you've been experiencing trouble.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had some success exporting directly out of PPro in "Software Only" mode; exporting out of AME doesn't work, even with the Renderer set to "Software Only". Exporting out of PPro is fine for quick, one-off jobs, but we've got 25+ sequences that need to get out the door for end-of-day Monday, and there isn't a chance in hell I'm going to spend all weekend coming back to the office every couple of hours to queue up a new export...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derjis,

What do you mean that "AME doesn't work?" You should be able to queue up the sequences and walk away until they're done. Perhaps I can help you with the AME issue?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin...AME does not work for me either...It crashes when I send the

timeline selection to AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alain,

Check out this post to do some troubleshooting with AME: Re: PP 2014 and AME not linking

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin; we haven't used AME much since the 2014 update (on the 2013 Mac Pro, anyway)... We get the same flashy, glitchy frame issue from stuff exported through AME, regardless of whether or not Software Only is enabled. I can't really speak to the crashing, as, well, there's not much reason for us to use a media encoder that doesn't export video properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derjis,

Derjis wrote:

Thanks, Kevin; we haven't used AME much since the 2014 update (on the 2013 Mac Pro, anyway)... We get the same flashy, glitchy frame issue from stuff exported through AME, regardless of whether or not Software Only is enabled. I can't really speak to the crashing, as, well, there's not much reason for us to use a media encoder that doesn't export video properly

OK, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for letting me know. I'm looking into the crashing issue right now.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines