• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin! with the new update so far 2 tests have passed with no issues

exporting in PPRO with Open CL.... I have a question. I am using the old

CUDA Driver 5.5.28,...Shall I update to the 6.0? I am gonna start using

Ppro CC 2014 and I wanted to ask before I step up and apparently Davinci

forces to update to 6.0 to use the GPU...

Thanks...

Alain Maiki

Director || Producer || Writer

www.epicinmotion.com

t +1 786.329.2631 (USA)

t +58 414.297.1858 (VZLA)

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm5541057

twitter & Instagram @alainmaiki

AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD Si usted ha recibido este email por error, favor

de notificar inmediatamente al remitente a la dirección mostrada en este

email. Esta transmisión puede contener información confidencial. Esta

información es para el uso del individuo(s) o de la entidad a los cuales se

intentó dirigir. Favor de eliminarlo de sus archivos si usted no es el

recipiente previsto. Gracias por su cumplimiento.CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE If

you have received this email by error, please notify the sender immediately

by email at the address shown. This email transmission may contain

confidential information. This information is intended only for use of the

individual(s) or entity to whom it is addressed to. Please delete it from

your files if you are not the intended recipient. Thank you for your

compliance.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 7:21 PM, Kevin Monahan <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BAD NEWS: updated our system and exported a few test files. I attached a screenshot... You be the judges.

Screenshot 2014-07-01 11.20.30.png

Screenshot 2014-07-01 11.21.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving another go today.  Repaired permissions on my OS drive, cleaned out the Cache, checked all the render files and previews.  Now I will give 10.9.4 and 18 June PP CC update another go on my Mac Pro 12 core.  Will check back later and let you know how it went.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac Pro, D700, 64 GB RAM, 1TB

Just a loose observation so far.

Trying it out for 1 hour now. Still have issues which I had before. Working only with R3D files. My issues where when opening projects, the playback engine seemed to hang, and all clips greyed out.

Tried a couple of restarts and deleted Cache a couple of times, and seems to look ok now. Starting to think that my issues with Premiere are not related to the GPU problem.

Tried a Hardware Accel Render of 2 min. Red Epic project, which looks to be going ok. Mac Pro is hot and fan i going, which means the cards are doing their job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xavier,

Followed your lead on my Mac Pro, D700, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SS internal, and thunderbolt 2 drive with Digital Juice graphics hooked up. 

20 min show, I took it off software only render, and went to Hardware Accel Render.  8 tracks of video and 6 tracks of audio, from F55 XAVC HD.  Render just finished in 12 min 58 sec.

Went to play it and same problem I have after the intro the video cuts out and I only get audio.  Then I have to force quit since I loose control  I think this could be something other then the machine.  I will dig in further and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed one audio dissolve and it now plays.  Still lots of bugs but at least I am back working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

For the updates I like the way Adobe CC works, I precise that I'm upset with Apple updates of the operating system.

I tried "software only" rendering weeks ago, it doesn't change much, it just crashes less, the output quality is still compromised.

Please stop saying that "software only"  solves the problem. It is not true.

For the way Adobe tests its products I believe maybe it could use people less engineers and a little more involved in the industry that use those softwares to make a living.

This export/render problem is incredible and destroys any workflow  and is extremely easy to notice.

I have no idea what is Adobe relationship with Apple, the impression is more competitors than collaborators.

I honestly don't care and I'll like to be kept aware by Adobe, like Avid did in the past when it is safe to update OS and software combination.

daVinci Resolve will eat away a lot of your clients if your product continue to give problems, but they might just do the same and release a version that doesn't work...

I just desire, as many other, a reliable software and it is not the case anymore.

A week ago I called Adobe support on the phone and they told me very clearly to contact Apple about the problem... and that this (CC 2014) version of the software would have the problem fixed: false

On the other hand Apple support on the phone says that it is not their problem, and that it is an Adobe issue. Thanks.

Anyways, I just tested the software with the OS10.9.4beta, it's better, BUT there are still glitches.

Even a single glitch is not what we are expecting to have.

Many of us are ready to switch to PC, but after spending big money on the new mac pro it's really hard to do.

Please tell us at this point what is the Software/OS combination that works 100% with the new Mac Pro if there is any, please also be willing to tell us if there is not such combination possible on the new Mac Pro..

That will be more useful than to tell that the problem will be fixed in the next version.

Please help us to do our work .

Thanks,

Emmanuel Albano

3motion.ca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 3Motion,

3MOTION wrote:

So there are still glitches...

3MOTION wrote:

I tried to export a DCP and review it, also there there are some glitches...

It is not acceptable for a finished film copy.

Are they the same "glitches" that you get with GPUs enabled?

3MOTION wrote:

I really wish Adobe and Apple will work together and don't release anything until it is tested properly by professionals.

We have a beta program with editors just like you and me. Lots of them.

3MOTION wrote:

In all this new mac pro, adobe CC and Mavericks update it is not the case.

Not to belittle your issues, but keep in mind, errors are occurring in other non-Adobe applications.

3MOTION wrote:

..And the automatic update doesn't make it easy to avoid the updates.

You must expressly download our applications. Nothing is ever delivered automatically, so not sure what you're referring to. Please let me know if something updated unexpectedly.

Hopefully, this issue will be resolved as soon as possible. Sorry for all the pain you're going through.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a FYI....

Today I spent the whole day trying to sort this issue out for my son who has the new MacPro6,1 (12 core, 1TB PCIe SSD, Dual D700s, 64GB, LG's 21:9 Thunderbolt display, 23" ACD, 46" TV) running Adobe Premiere Pro 2014. The MacPro6,1 system was running the latest Apple Mac OS X 10.9.3 build 13D65.

My son has been plagued by these weird rendered artifacts as described by many in this thread. The issue could be avoided by using software only for rendering, but of course this slows down the workflow significantly. My son has resorted to dealing with 2K projects on his MP5,1 12 core, 2.93 GHz processors running 10.9.3 and Premiere Pro 2014. The render issues have not shown up using this MP5,1 running 10.9.3.

Today I had the opportunity to pursue two options

1) Reinstall 10.9.2 onto the MP6,1 from a full installer image file and then install all of son's software

2) Upgrade a cloned copy of the MP6,1's 10.9.3 Build 13D65 to the 10.9.4 Build 13E25

Since one of the Focus areas for the 10.9.4 is Graphics Drivers I thought this was the best option to try first.

I cloned the MP6,1's 10.9.3 to a spare LaCie 2big RAID-0 test partition and then upgraded this to the 10.9.4 Build 13E25. I then had my son run some tests that always have shown the rendering issues on 10.9.3 to make sure the problem was exposed by his testing... and it was. None of his tests run under the 10.9.4 system showed the rendering issues, and he ran the tests several times just to be sure.

With this result I decided to partition the 1TB PCIe SSD in the MP6,1 into three sections. 1) 300 GB for 10.9.3, 2) 300 GB for 10.9.4 and 3) 400 GB TB for AE_Cache. Before doing this I made a clone of 10.9.3 to a spare partition on a LaCie 2big RAID-0 and used Time Machine to ensure I had current backup of the 10.9.3 system. I then repartitioned the 1TB SSD in the MP6,1. Using CCC I created 'Mavericks' Recovery HD partitions on the two 300 GB SSD partitions for 10.9.3 and 10.9.4. I then used SuperDuper! to Smart copy the saved 10.9.3 and 10.9.4 systems to their respective 300 GB SSD partitions.

I setup to run SuperDuper! to clone 10.9.4 to a spare backup partition each day at around 12:30 am (son leaves his systems running all the time). The idea was that 10.9.4 Build 13E25 was for time being going to serve as his production system. The 10.9.3 would simply act as a fallback if 10.9.4 proved unworthy.

After all this, my son using the 10.9.4 system ran all his Premiere Pro tests and some more things that had caused issues for him over past month or so, and absolutely no issues were encountered.

So for time being I feel that using 10.9.4 Build 13E26 has indeed fixed/resolved the rendering issues encountered by my son. Of course, time will tell if this is so.

When Apple releases 10.9.4 to the general public it will be simply a matter of upgrading the 10.9.3 system to the officially 10.9.4 release. In the meantime son now can use his MP6,1 as originally intended.... that is, to get work done without the losing productivity to the weird rendering issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the 10.9.4 Beta (13E19 ist the one I can install). First file I render using the Media Encoder has my beloved horizontal lines...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

parcyvall what file-type are you rendering out? I've been exporting pro-res files since 10.9.4 (13E19) with no issue and was wondering if it's an issue limited to H264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the Media Encoder CC 2014 to transcode a 5K R3D file to a 1080p ProRes 422 file, whilst applying a custom Lumetri LUT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d be curious to know your results if you restart and encode once more. My first post 10.9.4 encode did produce a few glitches, but every successive encode thus far has been clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, is anyone else having issues just rendering within the timeline - not final export? I'm seeing way more than just a little horizontal line such as crazy colors and previous frames of video flashed throughout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes bryceu27 every day all day any timeline.  I can not get any timeline to play all the way through with out problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried again - same results as before... Still having glitches and lines in my exports...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Apple just released the official 10.9.4. Anyone get a chance to try it out yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound nutty, but my 10.9.4 beta works with Premiere Pro CC 2014 and AME — and I’m not sure I want to take a chance.

Somebody want to go first?

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe also doing an update to match 10.9.4?  Really would like to have this pain in the butt money loss gone.  I have switched to my MacBook Pro since the new 12 core Mac Pro with Adobe is just not worth it.

Come on there must be some brave people out there who are currently not on tight deadlines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just rendered one of my timelines in the project with Open CL 10.9.4. Seemed to work! Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update says nothing about the fix.

What format did you render?

Warp stabilizer?

Effects?

Be nice to have a few users report better results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boru wrote:

The update says nothing about the fix.

Assuming Apple did fix something that they caused initially, they're not actually likely to mention it.  They're more likely to just sweep it under the rug and move on.  So: don't hold your breath waiting for Apple to officially say anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the just released Apple 10.9.4 software update which says nothing about changes to the graphics card issues.  I rendered four different Premiere Pro 2014 CC projects using Adobe's Media Encoder 2014 CC.  Each of these projects contained different types of footage including 720, 1080p, and UltraHD (XVAC S from the Sony FDR-AX100).  All of the projects had various effects, tittles, transitions, and in several cases clips to which the warp stabilizer effect had been applied.  All projects played back with GPU rendering turned on in the timeline without any problems. All were encoded to H.264 and the UltraHD footage was encoded to high profile H.264 at a target bitrate of 60 MB/sec and a maximum bitrate of 70 MB/sec.  All of the files from the output were then played back full screen in Quicktime Player  on a 32 in. Asus 4K monitor (PK321).  This work was done on a new Mac Pro 12-core with 64 GB of ram, two AMD D700 graphics cards, and 1 TB of PCIe flash.  All of the encoded files played perfectly with NO trace of the line artifacts that had been so very  evident in all of thee sequences before the Apple 10.9.4 software updateNO

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news Tom,

Did you also do the PP CC recent update 18 June 2014?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did upgrade to PP CC 2014.

I’m liking what I reading here about others’ experiences with official 10.9.4.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines