• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sorry it did not help.  I fully understand your frustration.  I hope someone else can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be ur gpu. Go to apple store after all tests if u dont get a fix. So far most of us got te fix with the upgrade. My mac pro runs smooth now on ppro renderings exporta. Davinci and AME as well.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gang, thanks for posting your initial findings; was off for Canada Day long weekend, but I'll be running some tests with 10.9.4 today. *fingers crossed*

I'll keep you posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, we've been getting clean exports all morning on 10.9.4. I can't speak to the responsiveness -- we'd essentially shelved the 2013 Mac Pro and replaced it with a rickety, old 2010 Pro, while waiting for an actual fix -- but exports to h264, DNxHD and ProRes all seem to be working through both AME and PPro, with the D500s enabled in our new Trashcan (exports of a completed 1080p 29.97 timeline combining QT Animation, DNxHD, Canon MXF and MTS files; all live footage had a mix of various of colour correction filters applied, incl. Fast Colour Corrector, Three-Way Colour Corrector, Curves and/or Change Colour). The export time didn't blow me away, but was definitely faster than exporting on the 2010 Tower or any of the late model iMacs in the office.

Once we get a couple of pressing projects out the door, we'll be swapping the Trashcan back into an actual suite, and I can test out PPro playback, general responsiveness, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the problem with all original apple hardware (new maxed out MacPro).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an iMac 27 with the latest OS and an NVIDIA GTX 680MX graphics card and I'm having the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue and to say that I'm FURIOUS is an EUPHEMISM!

This nightmare all started October 15th when I decided to make me a present and make my life easier upgrading my coloring gear with the "most powerful mac desktop" on the market.

After spending almost 11K not only I wasted time and money and lost clients but all this is still not over at today's date after a 3rd MAC PRO desktop replacement and after going through apple care to have my 2 D700 and logic board replaced on the last one!!!

Hours and hours of driving to the store, order a new replacement, wait days, reinstall drivers and softwares, render tests etc etc!!! After hearing from the apple "genius" it definitely looks cool! there are people out there that make transparent enclosures! It could look like an hairy armpit for what I care, I just want a machine that works for god sake! Shame on you Apple! Shame on you Blackmagic! Advertising this machine and your software as the best combination out there for color grading! FIX IT NOW!

same configuration of NtNext Mac Pro (late 2013)

2,7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

1TB SSD

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

2xAMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 (but it also appeared with 10.9)

DaVinci Resolve 11.1.1.006

Pegasus R2 32TB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same premiere pro cc crash problems with the the fire pro d500 and the new Mac Pro

mercury playback software only solves the crashes but render and playback time suffer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2014 May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cleared cache files, purged memory, restarted the new Mac Pro late 2013, reset the PRAM, prayed, etc. and the horizontal lines still appear in the exported file at random.  I have tried CBR, VBR, render using software only, render using GPU setting.  I found a post on REDuser.net saying that if I created a Standard User account on the Mac, and used that account instead of the admin account, that I shouldn't have any problems.  It seemed to work for the first few times.  But can't repeat that success consistently.  Running CC latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2014 Aug 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere CC2014 will not export anything for me on my PC.   Intel i5 3770k OC 3.8.  GTX660 2gb.  24gb ram.  Windows 8.1. 

Locks up everytime, and the one time I did get the 20 min video to start rendering, it said it will take 4 hours.  I'm seriously about to go back to Sony Vegas Pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted all cache files multiple times. Cleared preview files.  Opened both Premiere and Encoder while holding down shift and nothing changes.  I can't export the videos at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Panasonic GH4 and GH2 footage.  Should not be having these problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also uninstalled Premiere and Encoder, and reinstalled and still doesn't work right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear SR2020, but you're on the wrong forum. This is for users of the new Mac Pro and for a specific issue with horizontal lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2015 Apr 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem and I'm on a PC so it's not an Apple exclusive problem people. I do have dual AMD GPUs however!! FX-8350 8 Core CPU - 16 GB RAM - Dual R9 280X 3GB MSI Twin FROZr GPUs - A more than sufficient system. This is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had found this problem come through if you using thunderbolt to dvi adapter. Once you just using the hdmi output there were no problem with it.  maybe you can try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried using only an hdmi monitor and the rendering problem persists.

When Apple updated Mavericks to 10.9.3 the artifacts / lines in my rendering became even more obvious.  It used to be thin flickering lines, but now its thick colored lines covering the entire frame.

I can't seem to be able to replicate any rendering problem with FCP or resolve or squeeze or AE.  The problem is Premiere CC and Adobe Media Encoder CC.

While testing Premiere with various footage from different cameras, different codeqs and different frame rates, I kept getting these rendering artifacts.  I tried many different sequence settings, matching the footage and not and always managed to make it happen.  Some times it does't happen but as soon as you use brightness and contrast effect and or super impose a title created inside premiere, you can force the problem to happen.

I've been waiting for an update from Adobe since they were promoting it at NAB but it seems they must be having these problems because they have not put anything forward yet.

The problem is definitely related to using dual GPUs as playing the footage without rendering does not show the issues.  Rendering uses both GPUs in Premiere and AME.

I'll patiently wait for the next upgrade to Premiere and AME.  In the mean while I'm starting all new projects on FCP, which I'm discovering is now a lot better than Premiere and without bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Always have hdmi out running when the problem occurs. You probably had a lucky render. It happens. GPUs are the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! We need a fix! This is absurd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to 500th this problem. I've had this going on since I got my Mac Pro. Now that Maverick 10.9.3 is released, it's way worse. None of the previous "possible" fixes suggested have made any difference. This is terrible, I have to render on my 4 year old macbook pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, new Mac pro with dual D500 cards and with openCL rendering on, artifacts all the way in every codec.

Do we know the problem is related to the graphic cards or an software issue at adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since FCP X does not have any issues, it seems to be a problem of the software communicating with the graphic cards...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth: I've been following all of the various "New Mac Pro" and "Premiere" problems here on the forums.  In some cases, they're due to third party plug-ins (specifically from Red Giant) not playing well with OpenCL.  In other cases, people are seeing issues with the latest OS X: 10.9.3 causing crashes and other issues.  That one, however, hasn't been confirmed by Apple yet and I doubt they will confirm it.  They'll just release a quiet ninja patch to fix it, if the OS is in fact the culprit.

I don't have any suggestions if you're not running any third party plug-ins and you've seen this problem prior to 10.9.3 other than to keep opening cases.  Bear in mind that this is a user forum, and not a support one.  While we may get lucky now and then to have some participation from Adobe folks, it's not promised.  So: keep pestering their support folks with new tickets (as useless as that sometimes seems...) so that someone starts paying attention.

As an aside: my nMP with 2xD700s runs Premiere just fine in MPE Hardware mode.  I can export the h.264 without any artifacts, lines, or whatnot.  That includes directly from Pr as well as queuing through AME.  I'm also running OS X 10.9.3 without any crashes whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for dipping in! Sadly we've had trouble without using any 3rd party plugins from the day our nMP arrived. 10.9.3 did introduce some new issues, but we sure had the horizontal lines before.

I second your call to open support tickets to the users, who haven't done so already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't wait anymore for Apple's and Adobe's updates with fixes to these GPU issues.    I just took my new Mac Pro to Tekserve (apple's certified support) in New York City to have them replace the GPUs.

They'll let me know on Friday if I'm getting the computer fixed then or in a few more days.  I'll post here what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines