• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete,

For your information, I have seen folks clear up this issue after updating to OS X 10.9.4 and a reboot or two. Thanks for reporting back.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am up to date with all updates. I just thought it was strange and might help others, if it is a workaround.

Pete O'Neill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, it is strange! Thanks for the report.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. As I suggested to others, it sounds like there are still remnants of OS X 10.9.3 on your system. Can you try a clean installation of OS X 10.9.4? Not exactly easy, but might be worth trying.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About to try a full wipe / reinstall this week. Will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reformatted the hard drive, reinstalled the OS, reinstalled Creative Cloud and nothing else.

Still having horizontal artifacting and lines in hardware based OpenCL exports. Software exports are fine, but obviously slow.

Right in the middle of political editing season...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

Have you had Apple Support look at your machine? Have you looked at all the permissions folders and make sure they are set to Read/Write? fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | After Effects region of intere...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, my PP CC is back at it giving me 3/4 of a screen of green lines and locking up the machine.  Thought it was fixed but NO now I am back to 20% productivity and no one knows why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in no way a solution to the actual problem, but if you still have CC or CS6 kicking around, can you edit the project file to make it compatible with previous versions, and finish the project in an older copy of Premiere? I haven't tried it myself, but there are details here:

Re: Can't Open CC project file in CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No CS6 here I came from different NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have it in front of me, but I think that with a CC membership, you have access to installers dating back to CS6 via the CC Installer app. Something about scrolling down the list, changing a filter to "Previous Versions", and installing from there. I had to install PPro CS6 a few months back in order to get a copy of Encore on my system. Arg. Don't get me started on Adobe's handling of Encore....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might work for me if CS6 could handle XAVC 10 bit but it can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boru, your problem is very different from the ones being discussed in this thread. It sounds like your machine is screwed up, or your install is screwed up. May want to do a fresh install of the OS and Creative Cloud or take your machine in for service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had fresh installs and machine checks out perfectly.  Sorry thought this thread was PP CC problems.

Derjis,

Not interested in that type of work around more interested in a properly working NLE and new Mac Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresh installs and it checked out, and still having the problem? Awful. Good luck to you, that's a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well no ChadRHorn now I am told it was not a fresh install of the OS.  So I am taking it tonight and getting 10.9.4 fresh install. 

I guess tomorrow I have to do a fresh install of PP CC.

Any advice on the best way to fresh install PP CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's kind of a stupid workaround anyway, since it involves modifying the project file in a text editor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking it into my local Apple dealer tomorrow. We shall see.

Ultimately everything works fine EXCEPT for exports having the stray artifacts during hardware exports. Software exports are clean, just slow.

Since so few people are posting I have to believe that the original video cards Apple shipped were probably not entirely up to snuff or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boru,

So sorry that you're having issues with this.

Boru wrote:

NO I WILL NOT FILE  WITH SUPPORT SINCE THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SOLVE IT.

The solution support gives is to update to OS X 10.9.4. We worked on that solution with our partners at AMD and Apple. I'm sorry that solution just isn't working for you and others on this thread. My thinking is that there still may still be remnants of the OS X 10.9.3 update still in your system. By chance, have you done a clean installation OS X 10.9.4 or was it merely an update? I would suggest installing OS X 10.9.4 from the ground up. I'm sorry to suggest something so time consuming, but that's what I would try.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse,

JesseSchluntz wrote:

With the overwhelming evidence on this thread, my definition of customer service is definitive action to help the paying users who are in need, not more suggestions or hoops to dive through.

Thanks for trying I guess.

I'm sorry for your continuing issues. I spoke with the engineering staff today and we simply cannot reproduce this issue in house. I'm not sure what else to suggest other than completely wiping your hard drive, doing a full clean install of Mac OS X 10.9.4 (not an update), then Premiere Pro. I'm not sure if that's something you've tried already or not.

JesseSchluntz wrote:

so the idea of explaining my issue once again to yet another tech who has me run through time wasters like creating a new user account, changing my sequence settings and cleaning my media cache doesn't make much sense right now.

Well, that's frustrating, however, I can escalate the case so that you can speak with one of our digital video techs, if you like. PM me if you would like me to do that for you. In the mean time, I'll continue trying to look for a solution or workaround (other than switching to "Software Only").

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just frustrated with how an issue like this can go on for so long and no company involved can seem to fix it. I'm the one paying for the hardware & software, spending hours of my life in the office trying fixes, on the phone with Adobe, & at the Apple store trying to find a solution.

I have another appointment at Apple thursday. They've now read this thread, which will give them better insight. Gonna what happens there first. Gonna have to migrate to my laptop in the meantime.

Will report back later. Thanks Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse,

JesseSchluntz wrote:

I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just frustrated with how an issue like this can go on for so long and no company involved can seem to fix it. I'm the one paying for the hardware & software, spending hours of my life in the office trying fixes, on the phone with Adobe, & at the Apple store trying to find a solution.

It's especially frustrating that most people have found a fix with OS X 10.9.4 and you still have the issue. So sorry for that.

JesseSchluntz wrote:

I have another appointment at Apple thursday. They've now read this thread, which will give them better insight. Gonna what happens there first. Gonna have to migrate to my laptop in the meantime.

Will report back later. Thanks Kevin.

Great. I hope they can help you. Perhaps they can provide you with a complete wipe of the system and a clean installation of OS X 10.9.4. That's what I'd ask for.

For any Apple reps reading this thread, thanks for your assistance.

Again, thanks for keeping us in the loop on this, Jesse.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

Kevin Monahan

I still have the problem.

On prores HQ, LT, files coming from CinemaDNG files.

On Prores HQ files coming from Atomos Samurai Blade.

No problem with Gopro footage...

Is there any hope that the GPU (D700) will be supported soon? I can't justify anymore to have spent money for GPU power that is unusable.

Should I ask a complete refund to Apple and move to PC?

What are Adobe plans to compensate users that pay every months for a program that is barely compatible with the new Mac Pros?

We are 6 months into the same problem.

Am I the only one that still has the problem?

Is the beta of OS Yosemite works with Premiere, Encoder 2014 CC?

I have the desire of using my machine and stopping relying on a laptop for exports. I'm ready to use Yosemite beta if it allows me to use the GPU.

Apple support told me that all of this is Adobe problem, so I'm asking here. I hope that there is dialogue between Adobe and Apple, because 6 months is a lot.

Sorry to ask all this questions but half a year of business was compromised, I hope to be able to work normally for what's left of the year.

Please give me a solution to be able to work properly, I need to trust the software for my exports and for my clients!

I need help, real help!

Thanks,

Emmanuel Albano

3motion.ca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it sounds like the only real 100%-for-sure fix is to not use the new Mac Pro. If you don't need a machine with a lot of power, you can switch to an iMac, or a late-model MacPro tower; if you want something with hyped-up specs, you might be better moving to a custom-built PC. The plus is that CC is cross-platform, so you can easily bounce all of your projects back-and-forth between Mac and PC.

Kevin, I'd like to second Emmanuel's request for some sort of official compensation mechanism from Adobe; I think it's more than fair that you guys offer some sort of recompense for downtime, or for periods when your software is unusable. If Emmanuel and the others on this thread have been unable to use your software for 6 months, while they wait for a fix, it's not unreasonable to expect that their subscription be extended by 6 months, free of charge. To be clear, I don't even have a horse in this particular race... We got lucky; one of our seats was down for two weeks at most before the 10.9.4 fix was released (10.9.4 seems to have solved the issue in our case). That's not to say we haven't had long bouts of downtime with OTHER bugs, like the Canon MXF spanning issue with PPro 7, for example, or the myriad of other Adobe Creative Cloud issues we've had to deal with...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines