• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you also have D700s? This also doesn't look quite like the issue that Jesse (and others) is having. See this post: Re: RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

See the thin, white lines? Yours appear as thicker dashed green lines, so I'm not sure that they are related. Not to say that your issue is not frustrating, it must be. Are you also running OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite? I'd like to know a bit more about your workflow, media, etc.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs:

Map Pro (Late 2013)

10.10.2 Yosemite

Processor: 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory: 64GB

Graphics: AMD FirePro D700

I've done render tests with the following source media: 5k Red Raw, 5k Prores 422HQ, 720p Mp4s

All formats suffer the green artifacts regardless of what format I export out to using the GPUs if the sequences exceeds a runtime of 13 minutes.

Render test were also done on Mavericks & Yosemite using Premiere Pro CC and 2014.

Here's the console message that appears when launching Premiere or AME CC & 2014 (reposted from earlier)

1/31/15 7:30:23.749 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.2 instead of 10.10.2. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.

Call location:

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 0   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff8f193d9b ___Gestalt_SystemVersion_block_invoke + 113

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 1   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff86d08c13 _dispatch_client_callout + 8

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 2   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff86d08b26 dispatch_once_f + 117

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 3   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff8f13c3ca _Gestalt_SystemVersion + 987

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 4   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff8f13bfb7 Gestalt + 144

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 5   GPUFoundation                       0x000000010121c423 _ZN2GF10InitializeEbbbPvS0_ + 771

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 6   DisplaySurface                      0x0000000100017b2d _ZN2DS14GPUSnifferMainERSoj + 317

1/31/15 7:30:23.772 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: [CL_INVALID_OPERATION] : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve device information! Invalid enumerated value!

1/31/15 7:30:23.772 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: [CL_INVALID_OPERATION] : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve device information! Invalid enumerated value!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Kevin-Monahan‌ ,

I'm rendering a batch of H264s for a corporate client and they've begun getting the lines on them again. Switched the graphics cards off (software only) and of course the renders are working, albeit slowly.

Just curious... why am I still dealing with this issue and why is there still no fix? Please tell me anything other than "the team is aware" or I might puke on my keyboard.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emmanuel,

I'll be interested to know what I can do to get a refund or credits of some sort from Adobe (which is a question that I asked months ago and no answer), this incompatibility with the new MacPro cards caused me many many issues since I have the machine (exactly a year now) and I have no more editing work at the moment...

For that, you'd have to explain your situation to Adobe Support: Contact Customer Care

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I just double checked all our computers and mine is the only one that doesn't have lines consistently. Mine is also the first one we got and is the only one running on a AMD FirePro D500 graphics card. I scrolled back to a few other posts and was wondering if you think it's something with the AMD FirePro D700 cards?

Is anyone running on the AMD FirePro D500 having export issues or is it only the D700?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could single out my history since the beginning of this thread (I started it), you'd see that I've tried every software update (other than Yosemite, can't possibly go there and risk even more issues than premiere already afflicts me with) and no fix on that side. I've had Apple test & replace my D700 cards, my logic board, and my ram. Every time the issue would go a way for a while, then come back. I recently had 6 weeks of clean renders, then they came back a few days ago, then they went away again. My frustration is often met with "not many people are having this issue" or that an OS update or Premiere version I've already tried has "fixed the issue". Now we have a person with 7 MAC PROS EXPERIENCING THE ISSUE ON ALL OF THEM.

So... very.... tired of no joint fix between Adobe & Apple on this after almost a year...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, you can add another NMP to JesseSchluntz's tally. No problems with our NMP, but I've noticed a client having issues with theirs. We're working on a series; the production company is cutting web content in-house, in order to save some dough, and I've noticed a couple of their pieces have the signature Premiere/Apple Rendering Glitch. I've made them aware of it, but they're just going to soldier ahead as-is; they can't afford to take their one high-end box offline for multiple rounds of tests, and the turnaround is tight enough that disabling the the HW acceleration isn't worth it to them. The general attitude seems to be along the lines of "it sucks, but we'd rather live with a few glitches than miss our deadlines".

The show was shot and is being mastered in 4k; they're working with the original r3d files all the way through the pipeline, w/ the exception of the GFX, which come in as dpx files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derjis,

Sorry to hear that. I would recommend to all on this thread to file a bug report if they have not already, but our bug report form is currently down. Check back in a day or two here: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

I will also bring this issue up to the team once more.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin. I've already directed them to this thread, and told them that they should be filing bug reports, but if I were a betting man, I'd guess that they haven't bothered doing either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious Kevin Monahan ...

You say you'll bring it up to your team once more. Unless that discussion involves you getting your hands on a symptomatic computer so you can fix the issue hands on, it seems pretty useless. Clearly there's nothing left for us who are afflicted by this issue to do in order to fix this issue.

So... why are you guys even bothering with more discussions and not getting with Apple & AMD on this issue that is clearly linked to hardware? Curious as to the logic.

OPENPediatrics has 7 symptomatic computers. It's been almost a year. Why not arrange a replacement for one of his so you can get your hands on the actual problem instead of suggesting more fixes that don't work?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills at this point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I noticed it, but this is only my 2nd project on Premiere.

I'm on the latest Premiere Pro CC version. I regularly update.

I'm glad you're reopening a "bug" on this, but other people at Adobe need to understand this is a fatal flaw for most pro users if it's not fixed.

Thanks, DZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

jacwarner wrote:

Hi Kevin,

I'm new to this issue. MacPro6,1 with dual FirePro D700s running Premiere Pro CC on 10.10.1 (current Yosemite.) No problems working on ProRes only projects for the last 6 months (since I bought the new MacPro and switched to Premiere) but now on my first Premiere project using R3D footage and all of a sudden all my h264 renders are full of these colored lines - whether I go to Media Encoder or Export direct  (it's even happened within a sequence render.) Was outputting ProRes and then converting the ProRes output to H264 with some success but now am getting lines in my ProRes outputs sometimes as well. Only solution so far has been turning off OpenCL in Media Encoder (which is not a sustainable practice for my workflow.)

Please help?

Thanks,

John

What happens if you export H.264 files directly (without a ProRes intermediate export)?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for responding. I actually first noticed the lines doing direct exports from Premiere (H264 Match Source - Medium Bitrate) and then came onto this forum and saw someone suggesting ProRes outputs as a fix and that's why I started trying those. I do get the lines with a direct export from Premiere, though, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the heat issue, but bypassing the cards and going software only, only takes the cards out of the equation completely and not just because of the heat. I'm not discounting your reasoning. When in software only, the cards are only tracing the monitors and not really anything else. I think we all are suspecting the AMD cards as being our real reason, but there is no one magic bullet reason. Hence thinking maybe the monitors could be in play here as well as my DVI adapters? Just wanted to throw it out there, since there seems to be zero headway on this issue.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

EditorPete wrote:

Kevin Monahan is this possible?

Sure. A lot of different things can trigger unexpected behavior. When troubleshooting, you can't rule anything out. I'll spare you from my own personal experiences.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse,

JesseSchluntz wrote:

Kevin Monahan just pointing out another user who's having these issues post 10.9.4 above (post 486). As stated in my earlier post (484), the evidence doesn't point to the Mac OS updates being a fix for this.

Yes, that is interesting. It appears that for those still having these issues might have something else going on. I would rule out the hardware issue by bringing in these machines to an Apple service center. Also, I'm not sure if the problem would surface during a hardware test, but it's worth a shot. Here's a link to the Apple Hardware Test: Using Apple Hardware Test - Apple Support

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m still getting the horizontal lines on export with GPU acceleration, but what’s weird is that it’s not showing up on my Quicktime ProRes exports, just my H.264 mp4 exports. Allow me to explain.

I ran a series of export tests using the Media Encoder as the exporter. I started by exporting several different sequences, all about 5-7 minutes in length. I used a combination of the standard H.264 / HD 720p 29.97 setting and the standard H.264 / HD 1080p 29.97 setting and saw the horizontal lines in all of them (there was a 2 minute sequence I exported that was clean, but the longer ones all had it). The next day, I ran 4 of the sequences again, this time as Quicktime ProRes 1080p 29.97 (non-standard export setting). All 4 quicktimes were clean. I then fed those QT’s back into Media Encoder and transcoded multiple versions using the H.264 / HD 720p 29.97 and H.264 / HD 1080p 29.97 standard settings. Some of those transcodes had horizontal lines, but not all of them. Also, the lines were less pronounced, but still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Staff,

Is someone still working on a fix for this? Being that this thread was started in early 2014 and "the fix" is to turn off GPU rendering (which increased my render times by 5-10x) I don't see that as a solution to the problem. I can't see why this fix has taken nearly 9 months to figure out and there is still no hard solution.

If you don't support AMD cards, please remove them form the list of supported cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2015 Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read our test post and it seems like it's your card. Try and roll back the drivers since AMD cards are ok when exporting (I have a R9 280X). If you haven't updated the drivers in the past then try doing that.

Download Drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2015 Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dan, thanks for the post! My thought is that it's a HW issue, as well. It looks like this is a problem that might be specific to the 2013-era MacPros and the D300/500/700 cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue on a 2013 MP with D700's running Yosemite 10.10.2, which I've detailed over in this post.

Pink horizontal line render glitches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing a huge loss of productivity due to Adobe's failure to correct this well-documented problem.  I am on a 2013 MP seeing these glitches intermittently on playback and export.  I am running Yosemite 10.10.1 and have the D700 card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy Birthday !!! ....

One year of the most disappointing hardware/software experience I have ever had

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh... how many deadlines i've lost since i bought my D700 MacPro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original post was March 7th, 2014, today is March 17th, 2015. Here we are a year later with no resolution. No fixes from Apple, no fixes from Adobe. Nothing. No response, is a response.

I purchase a nMP last year and immediately saw these horizontal lines. Apple replaced the Mac Pro and things were fine for 10 months. Now the lines are back. They are on my playback monitor and they are in my renders. This is not a small issue. This issue effectively stops everyone with a nMP and Premiere in their tracks -- and yet, all we get from Adobe and Apple is the typical run-around. 'try dumping your cache,' 'try restarting the computer.' seriously? This issue is WAY beyond that.

I need a solution NOW. And considering this has been going on for over a year and there is no solution, the solution is to dump the nMP and stay with Premiere, or dump Premiere and keep the nMP. There are NO other solutions, and given the long history of this issue, there likely will be no solutions. A grim outlook, but unfortunately a very real one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines