• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Contributor ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan Esp,

The lines you showed are not the issue we are having. Unlicensed plug ins overlay things like a red x until you purchase them. We are having random horizontal lines when playing / rendering using OpenCL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking in as I'm still having problems. I'm guessing it is everyone who bought a Mac Pro? Anyone see a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to get really anxious about this problem. Today it took me ~20 minutes to re-export a 30 second spot because of a minor tweak. Of course we were on a deadline. If I was able to use OpenCL to export it would have been a few minutes. It seems awful to have to either gamble that theer won't be problems with a 5 minute export or have a guaranteed 20 minute export. As I come into my busy season I will need to either a) get this resolved or b) learn a different editing system, because my clients often don't have that 20 minutes for every tweak anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See post 18 above. I feel you man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES ADOBE YOU NEED TO FIX THIS! I brought my system to the apple store to see if they chould fix the issues because i have the same error in Resolve. But they are swearing up and down that it is not the card and that i could be my ram. but tried other ram still the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safe to say there is still no fix for this? I came across this issue today and unfortunately wasted time troubleshooting it before I came across it on here. Video looks great in premeire pro but the rendered file and subsequently the video I posted on YouTube are horrible in comparison, very soft, blurry and substantial amounts of these "horizontal lines" pretty much any where there is a slight shake or motion. If you open the image you can see how horribly evident it is. Its unacceptable. This was the first video I posted as a possible venture, and turns out its garabage. Not a very good first impression. I'd love to blame Adobe for this but I should have reviewed the rendered file more closely. Does anyone have alternative format suggestions? Or is this an over all rendering issue for all codecs?

Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 9.34.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution currently is to "queue" the file instead of exporting, and using Media Encoder change it from OpenCL to software only. Be prepared for extremely long render times by comparison.

I really hope they fix it soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my workaround Chad, but yesterday I began having the issue even with that method, which worked until yesterday. Rendering via AME with open CL turned off, for the first time the lines showed up in the final product.

My workaround to that workaround is to:

- clean media cache

- in Premiere project settings, switch open CL off

- export straight from premiere

the madness continues.

CAN SOMEONE FROM ADOBE PLEASE CHIME IN?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like an interlacing issue to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gilly07 the issues we are having have nothing to do with regular interlacing problems, even though a couple of posts in this thread in fact look excactly like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Tore,  I was referencing the image posted by ChrisLewis10 in post 29.

I'm having the same issue as most here with glitching and render problems, waiting for a fix to come from Adobe so I can fully utilise my D700's, but some in this thread are confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, didn´t get that Gilly07 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, we've all got plenty of time to be on the forums at the moment whilst we wait for our renders to finish.. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I'm saying is that there are other ways (google or pm) to get the beta, than paying 99$ for the dev program. Since apple bulls***s us with their lazy graphics driver support, I don't see why we should pay money for an update that can safe us hours of wasted rendering time on our 7000$ Mac Pro. I know it might not be technically legal though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chfilm wrote:

All I'm saying is that there are other ways (google or pm) to get the beta, than paying 99$ for the dev program. Since apple bulls***s us with their lazy graphics driver support, I don't see why we should pay money for an update that can safe us hours of wasted rendering time on our 7000$ Mac Pro. I know it might not be technically legal though.

Sorry, can you tell me which build you're using? 13E9 or 13E16?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13E9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are posts in this thread that are going to result in it getting closed and locked if we're not careful.  I'd strongly suggest you stop posting about pirating software, regardless of your feelings on the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you Jason, though I've done nothing illegal. I've got access to a paid dev account, and all I was saying was that there are other ways to try out the beta if you are in urgent need for a hotfix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Public Beta means Public. You can also get it here for free. You just have to check the confidential agreement. Latest build of course. If 18th of June will not change anything we all have to get into the public beta program and help apple to fix their drivers. IF their drivers are the problem....

Learn More about the OS X Beta Seed Program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd have never believed the problem for this lied at apple, but since it's gone with 10.9.4 and they always say "focus on the graphics drivers", I believe it was an apple driver problem.

I can't believe it's gone just yet even though I've done a couple of tests where it definitely occured before the update and is gone now. Still ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ChrisLewis10

De-interlace your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jschwarz, do not listen to Apple on this one. I've dealt with phantom issues in the past and "the ram may be the issue" is one of many things they suggest. This issue is known, but the problem is almost certainly compatibility with the new mac pro's hardware. I've used the same software on my laptop, an imac, a 2012 mac pro and now the new mac pro, and my latest computer (new mac pro) is the ONLY system this happens on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keep in mind jschwarz, this issue's only workarounds involve eliminating the graphics cards from the process. Therefore the most likely issue is the AMD Firepro cards, which is what Adobe says are the problem.

What bums me out is not getting any help from Adobe on this forum for 3 weeks other than "try cleaning the media cache".

See post 18 above for what I relayed from a tech support call a while back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i've been doing that work around. The biggest problem i'm having is that other people are saying on other fourms that its the vram on the graphic card. Now i took my system up to apple store to have the vram replaced and Apple said they tested the vram and everything should be good to go and that its an ADOBE issue. They also said it might be the OWC ram that i put in the system, are any of you using OWC ram and having this issue? or are you guys using all Apple ram that came with the system? Someone really needs to speak up about this from ADOBE because its getting out of control, this issue has been know for 4 month now and no help been given.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wonder if anyone has been able to use a Mac Pro to export without the lines. I feel like there are only ~15 of us who are having this problem (or are at least posting about it), and there must be more than 15 Mac Pros running Creative Cloud - no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines