• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a third party app called Macs Fan Control, which allows you to control when the fans turn on (mine is set to Sensor-Based).  I use it on my laptop too which never seems to turn the fans on.  Definitely helps during editing and exporting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, we all have work to get out, right? Whatever ​gets​ that work out ... is what is needed.

Best wishes on that!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just brought one of our 8Core AMD 700s to the Apple Store and are paying $462 to get the cards replaced. The apple tech said he's seen some come in with the same issue. I'm hoping between Apple and Adobe maybe some day they will reimburse the replacement due to some sort of defect .....wishful thinking I know.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been identified and resolved years ago. It is faulty hardware from Apple, you need to get them to fix it. Nothing wrong with the Adobe software. As soon as I got a new machine the problem went away.
And then this past year I switched away from Apple entirely, tired of paying extra and forced into only a few configurations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've replaced out nMP and D700's FIVE TIMES...issue persists on nMP AND on other OSX computers including laptops so not sure it's exclusively a D700 issue.  We use a lot of 4k-8k RED Footage and at this point don't care what the issue is having wasted too manyu years and many thousands of dollars in wasted time trying to sort it out.  SHAME ON ADOBE AND APPLE BOTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines