• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering Issue / Windows 10 / Feb. 2017

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just rendered a long string of 4K footage. After rendering complete, I get a yellow MEDIA PENDING slate for each clip.

I saved project, closed Premiere Pro, restarted computer, opened the project back up, and now the files are not even rendered anymore, they're yellow.

What is going on?

About to dispute the charge on my credit card. This product is broken from use 1 !?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several factors to consider here.

Yellow doesn't necessarily mean you need to render. It means that your footage should play in real time, but might skip frames, depending on your hardware configuration/footage type. Look here for more info:

Red, yellow, and green render bars and what they mean | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

You can also reduce your playback resolution to achieve real time playback without having to render.

Where are your rendered files being stored? Is there enough disk space available there? How fast is this disk? You should ideally use an SSD as a scratch disk, on a separate drive from your project and footage.

Read this for a guide to setting up your scratch disk:

Setting up your system to Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Past the previous excellent response, simply rendering a section doesn't mean much if your hardware is on the lower side of things for the media you're using. 4k media can add extra workload to both the CPU (which does all the de-encoding while it's doing everything else PrPro needs) and the read/write processes from/to disc-storage media.

If you've got an i5 CPU and 8GB of RAM using a single older SSD or spinning disc, well ... even after rendering a section your playback of 4k won't be pretty.

So ... how about giving us complete info on the hardware you're using, so we could suggest things that might help?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines