• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeating a redundant task

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're creating a show where we do pop-ups, very much like Pop Up Video from the 90's.  The optimal situation is where we say "Use this photoshop file for the image, and play it for this long" and we wind up with a popup that animates in with a sound, shows for X seconds, and animates out with sound.  A bonus would be able to select the sound individually from a small library easily for each popup.

I'm really new to all this.  Is this even possible to automate, and if so, can you point me in the right direction?  I'm an old developer, so I'm not afraid of coding tasks if need be.  Any help appreciated, our current setup is a twisty mess.  Thanks for your time.  🙂

Here's an example of what we're doing if ya don't remember Pop Up Video, first popup at :15 -

CHEAP CHUG 1 : Jeramie Almost Dies On Crazy Cowboy - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You will need to understand the fundamentals of keyframes to achieve this.

Put simply a keyframe is a given property value at a point in time.

As an example let us say you want the image to scale up at 13seconds for 2 seconds

You would bring in the image at 13s and then use the effects window in PP and change the scale value over time

For what your are trying to achieve it is really easy but I highly recommend you learn the basics before continuing

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  🙂  Actually though, I do understand that, what I'm looking for is a way automate it.  For every one of the 100 or so popups we do in every episode, that business gets very old.  I was curious if there was maybe a plugin I could build, that might take these bunch of steps it takes to set up each and every popup, exactly the same way, sans those two pieces of data (which image to use, how long to show it).  I've already done it the way you said, you can see it in action at the link above, I just seriously need a way for it to be quicker and easier.  I guess maybe perusing the API for plugin developers might be the way to go as a first stretch...  Thanks for the input!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy keyframes between clips, and you could also pre-make these animations and just copy paste them into your timeline as needed. The ExtendScript SDK is probably not what you're looking for in this scenario, you'll spend more time writing code than you would save compared to copy pasting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also right click > copy on a clip on the timeline that is keyframed the way you want and then select all the other clips on the timeline  and right click > paste attributes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a job for which After Effects would be more robust.

I have recently been working on a project where I have created a number of Essentials Graphics templates with After Effects, which have many selectable options in Premiere, and can be made to adapt to the size of the text, change colours etc etc.

I haven't tried this, but I would also wager that it would be possible to use some expressions to line up all of your audio, and select which one you want using a tick-box list in the template options in Premiere.

It is a bit of a rabbit hole, but we have found the templates to be really effective in setting up different options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although you can do this with a motion graphics template created in AE, you can also opt for an easy plugin like this one:

Film Impact - Motion Tween on Vimeo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines