Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace Media in MOGRT using script?

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a question about MOGRTs in Premiere Pro.

Let's say I have a Media Replacement slot in the MOGRT (which was created in AE) - to insert your media there (sequence, photo or video) you have to manually drag and drop it from Project Panel, into the Essential Graphics media replacement slot.

My question is - can this be done by scripting? Is there any way to insert your media (sequence, photo or video) inside Media Replacement slot of MOGRT? I'm more interested in inserting your sequence from the project panel, into a certain media replacement slot - with scripting.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this - Can I communicate with Media Replacement via scripting in any way at all?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

While it remains possible to insert a .mogrt, and change values of any modify-able parameters, no media replacement APIs have been added.

Once the .mogrt and commensurate media have been added to tracks in the sequence, they're all trackItems, as far as the API is concerned; your ExtendScript could perform it's own media replacement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it remains possible to insert a .mogrt, and change values of any modify-able parameters, no media replacement APIs have been added.

Once the .mogrt and commensurate media have been added to tracks in the sequence, they're all trackItems, as far as the API is concerned; your ExtendScript could perform it's own media replacement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently struggling with MOGRTs. Media Replacement is great, and I want to use it as much as possible, because it can save hours of work for my editors. My problem is that I need to send not only media to MOGRT but also filename of media that's is replaced. I need it because we use filenames to specify sources of media that's need to be shown on screen (as text layer). Do you think that's possible? I will write down my aproches.

1. I tried to get filename in AE, but it looks like that MOGRTs work in sandbox and it's no way possble to get filename of media that is replaced with.  I tired to get filename of layer in comp by using thisComp.layer([media layer number]).source.name , this gave me filename of placeholder even after replacing it with other media. 

2. I'm trying to build Extendscript for Premire pro that will detect media replacent in Essential Graphics panel and then it will paste filename of replaced media in form of text to MOGRT. Problem with this method is that I don't know if it's possible to determate when media replacement happens using ExtendScript. I know it's possible to get item focused on timeline and ProjectView panel. Is it possible to detect on which panel use is focused?

app.project.activeSequence.getSelection();
//gets list of item selected on Timeline

app.getCurrentProjectViewSelection();
//gets list of item selected on ProjectView panel

I'd appreciate any feedback on this.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems like we are after the same thing. In my case, I am trying to replace media placeholder in MOGRT with a certain sequence in PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines