• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace with After Effects Composition

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if there is a way to use this command (Replace with After Effects Composition) and have multiple video tracks round tripped to After Effects.  In my case I have Video 1 with my footage and Video 2 with a Motion Graphic Template for a "Call out text". I want to motion track the Call out text to the video. If I select Video 1 "Replace with After Effects Composition" is available, however if I select Video 2 (the Motion Graphic Template) this option is greyed out. If I select both tracks it is greyed out as well.

I believe I can import the Motion Graphic Template into AE but am wondering why I can't round trip it from Premiere?

Can you round trip multiple tracks from Premiere to start?  I realize that when it's sent back to Pemiere it would appear as a single Track of AE content.

Just trying to figure out the best workflow. TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot open Mogrts in After Effects right now.

If you would like to, and I think you are not alone, you can fill the feature request form here: http://adobe.com/go/wish

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, my bad, as Motion Graphic Template is the name of a specific feature in Premiere and After Effects.

If I understand correctly what you are trying to do, is that you have downloaded a after effects template from the site mentionned above, and you have imported that After Effects project on your track 2 in Premiere Pro, above your footage track.

You cannot open an after effects project file in Premiere and send it back to After Effects that way. And the good news is that you don't need to

To produce the effect you want, what you have to do is "replace with after effects composition" your footage, as you are already doing. Once After Effects is opened with your footage in it, import your template directly into after effects. Then you can follow the tutorial and track your footage all within After Effects.

Save your After effects project and go back to Premiere. Your footage will be replaced with your after effects project composition, with the tracked text.

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What if "replace with aftereffects composition" is greyed out?

I'm completely updated on both applications and this seems to be a problem for quite a few folk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines