Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing audio

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I have seen some similar posts, but just want to clarify few things about the best approach. So I filmed some footage (clips) and recorded audio on Zoom mic. I have synched all the video with new audio on the timeline. Now I want to start editing. Currently I have two audio tracks. How can I start trimming clips in source monitor with the new audio? Because in Source monitor there is still clips with old bad audio and when I trim it goes out of sync with new audio. 

thank you for suggestions. 

P.S. I tried to drag a new audio on top of an old one and link them together, but it still does not allow me making subclips or reveal such clip in the project panel. 

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong about this, but I don't believe it is possible to 'relink' an audio track in order to use the audio from another source.

There are two ways I would consider approaching this:

1) Produce a multi-cam sequence to merge all of the footage onto a single track.

2) Group the matching clips together (by highlighting the matching clips, right-clicking, and selecting 'group'. Then you can edit on the timeline in the Program window.

If you just have one camera and a second audio stream, I would choose the second option, personally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I did is just using ALt+Shift i dragged green clip on top of a blue one and then merged video and audio together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines