• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ripple move audio

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I see the ripple delete function, but where is the ripple add? I want to non-destructively move audio to the right without overwriting the next audio clip. Holding control makes the clip not crop, but it still overwrites the next audio clip. Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the A key to select all after where you click and then move them all down the timeline.

Or shift-A to just select clips on one track

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my issue here is a series of small audio clips that I have to zoom in to move slightly individually. Selecting all would also move the audio clips ahead of the file. I'm looking for something similar to Rush where when you add a title screen for instance, it bumps everything down, it doesn't erase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several ways to do what you want, the right one for you will be somewhat based on the complexity of the timeline.

1) Select the audio clips you want to move and then move them to the right. You can do this selection with the Selection tool (clicking down and dragging over the clips to select them, or holding the shift key down while clicking on the clips) or with the Track Select Forward tool which will select everything to the right of where you click it. Since it selects everything, you'll want to lock the video tracks and any audio tracks you don't want to select).

2) A "Ripple Add" is an insert edit, sometimes it is easier to just load a clip with audio to the source monitor, mark in and out with the duration you want to move your clips on the timeline and insert it there. All you clips will shift over to the right. Then select and delete the clip you used to make the insert.

3) Use a Trim Edit - with Ripple Trim:

Trimming clips in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I responded to DS above, my issue is that I have a large series of small audio clips. I'm moving them slightly to align with video and fix some timing...none of the audio is tied to an actual video yet. When I want to move the audio to the right, I can zoom in and hope I hit all the files to the right...sometimes moving the playhead helps, but not always. I want to be able to move the audio to the right and bump the rest down. So, part of my issue is that I am not inserting anything new to the timeline, just bumping down individual clips.

I hope that makes sense, I know the original post wasn't clear enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines