• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rolling title unstable

Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello i am doing roilling title at the end of my video and i notice that it is kind of trembling, titles don't scroll smooth

what could be the problem?

thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first number is the vertical posistion ... so the vertical position of the text in my image is at pixel1600, and as there are 1080 vertical pixels on this sequence, that means it is down below the viewable area.

And yes, I'm setting the settings for the roll manually.

Also correct ... move the CTI so the timeline is off the top. You can fudge how far off a few pixels to get an easy to divide number that will result in whole-number results. You want say a 25,800 vertical pixel scroll that divides by 4 with a result of 6,450 pixels for example. This would be at 4 vertical pixel per frame movement.

This number is also divisible by 5, so you could have it go a bit faster by setting the frame length to 5,160 frames.

And that total vertical movement of 25,800 is also divisible by 6 so you could even speed it a bit more.

Whatever vertical pixel you set, you need something that can be divided with a whole-number result to determine frames. 25,800 divided by 7 gets 3,685.7142 ... you don't want a fractional number like that.

Of course the other issues determining readability and choice of scroll speed are font size and spacing between lines.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is something i can't get

here is my example

first image at the beginning of the scroll (i make some text visible at the bottom for better understanding)

In POSITION have these values

x:1070 y:1080

second image is at the end of the scroll (sill left some text visibile)

in POSITION i have

x:1070 y: -1560

Untitled-1.jpg

The y change, that is for me the vertical

Why you say that vertical is the first number?

so if this would be correct i should calculate the number of pixels used by adding the two y  1080 and -1560

there is  minus though...2640 would be the result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if we are talking about rolling titles, or rolling credits. I guess it don't matter.

If it's this hard to make credits and titles, you're using the wrong program to do it.

Make your own, with a program that works without being a nuclear scientist or brain surgeon, or mathematical genius.

photoshop with scale position works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am talking about the end credis of a video,

cast,crew ecc

and now i think i know why i did not understand the position value of Neil, may be he is talking about the horizontal scroll while i am talking about the vertical one...

i tried to make a credit text with photoshop,exported as image and loaded and animate in premiere

i did not see better ressult to tell the truth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I need to correct something ... you're right of course, it's the second position number that is vertical pixel movement. My apologies.

And something odd ... when I did this on my laptop, as I expected, I could click the Roll option in the EGP and then when I wanted to change things manually, go to the ECP and the numbers for the movement showed.

But when I did this on my desktop, if the Roll option was checked, the position numbers in the ECP didn't change. Same number-dot-number versions of Premiere, what the ... ? Puzzling.

Which is what you're showing in your last post images.

So ... uncheck the Roll option in the EGP.

• Create the roll text, in the EGP or copied to it. This creates a graphic clip on the sequence.
  • Slide it sidewise on the sequence to get a nice even number frame number for the following math.
  • go to the beginning of the crawl clip, use the second position number for the Text in the ECP to place the text just below visibility in the program monitor.
  • Note down the vertical position pixel number and the frame count number also.
  • Click the Stopwatch icon in the Text position line.
  • Set the CTI to the end of the clip, and use the ECP position numbers for the text to move it just out of sight above the program monitor.
  • Click the 'add keyframe' icon for the Text position.
  • Note down the second position number for vertical pixels.
  • Add the two numbers for pixel location together, forget the minus sign ... so say 2220 and -1100, just add 2220 and ll00 to get 3320 pixels of movement.
  • Pick a number like 6, 7, or 8 ... and divide the (in this example) 3320 pixels of vertical movement by that number. 3320 divides cleanly by 8, at 415 frames. Let's try that.
  • Use up-arrow key to set CTI to first frame of the clip. Click in the Frames counter, and tap " +415 ", and it will move the CTI 415 frames further down the sequence.
  • To 'snap' the clip to 415 frames though, you need to move the CTI one more frame, so tap the right-arrow key once.
  • Now click the end of the graphics clip, move it to snap to the CTI, and you have a 415 frame clip.
  • drag the second keyframe in the ECP text position line to the end of the clip.

You now have a smooth scroll at 8 vertical pixels/frame.

This sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is ... do it two-three times one right after the other to start to get it down, and it's really pretty quick. I had as much trouble thinking about writing this out simply because I don't have to think about it anymore. Weird as that sounds.

And it really takes only a minute or two when you get it down, and does give smooth scrolls.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok the procedure now it is clear, or tat least seems to me

I don't see really differences from the credits i did ti using the roll option without all this calculation though

I can't see that with this procedure text is perfectly stable and smooth, it is just like the text i did without this procedure

And also with pohotoshop, i tried create jpg with text inside, still some lillte tremblin

For what i have seen all the 3 methods have really very similar results and none of them is perfect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At that point, what you are seeing is undoubtedly the problem of the refresh rate of your monitor. Professional broadcast quality monitors allow a wide range of refresh rates, timed for the 'typical' fps rates expected in video post processing work. Some computer monitors, like my BenQ PD2720U, also allow a selection of those framerates.

So I can set my monitor to the fps of my sequence.

Most computer monitors have only perhaps two refresh rates available, and if they don't match or aren't a multiple of the fps of the sequence, you can and probably will get some visisble stutter of moving text lines.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but in this case i don't see the point...each monitor will display different it, so each viewer accordin to his monito rwill have a different view..is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tweening, which is a digital subsitute for animation gels ( when stuff like mickey mouse was drawn by hand and his legs moving were layers of gels ), is tricky. The best for me is to use a sans serif font ( like Arial ) and make the type size bigger than smaller ( use all the real estate of the screen size and don't try to make it really small ).

Different programs ( AE, PPro etc. ) will use different programming to do the tweening.

The frame rates should match and the other stuff ( refresh rates and so on ) but that's obvious for all film stuff. So that's kinda irrelevant in a way. If you watch film ( video) on your iphone or computer or your TV... what you want is to see decent stuff.

Try using a sans serif font ( easier to tween ) and if you have to experiment more, try using a different editor. The tweening progamming is a top secret thing for each company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have used helvetica that is supposed to be a sans serif

what are different editor to try?

you mean other like avid, da vinci ecc?

if i remember well i never had this problem with avid, can it be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines