• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving premiere cc 2019 project as cc 2018?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be mistaken but I thought this used to be a thing.  I wanted to try the new cc 2019 for a bit (and yes I know that this is risky to use new software once it's been released).  So yes I found bugs and it keeps crashing sporadically on copy and pasting a clip in a sequence and moving that said clip.

Either way I just want to save my work and go back to cc 2018 for a bit but there's not an option for this.  Do I just lose my work?

Quick note it's a sound synced multi-cam sequence embedded into another so Final Cut XML will not work here.

Thoughts?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

You don't need to download anything though ...

1. copy your prproj project file
  2. on the copy, delete the .prproj extension, the period and all past it.
  3. right-click on the remaining file, go to 7-zip/extract here.
  4. open the file in wordpad.
  5. Starting down a bit from the top, you'll see:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<PremiereData Version="3">

<Project ObjectRef="1"/>

<Project ObjectID="1" ClassID="62ad66dd-0dcd-42da-a660-6d8fbde94876" Version="35">

<Node Version="1">

<Proper

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Hey team!

We've visualized the solution for you in hopes that it'll make opening a Premiere project in a previous version a little bit easier on you. Let me know if you have any feedback!

I'd recommend performing this process on a copy of your .prproj file, just in case something goes awry! Note that features that are only available in the latest version of the app will NOT be converted with your project if you downgrade to a version of the app that does not have those features available. Feel fr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this a few times and it was useful as it showed me the timeline but wouldn't play properly.  It was a few months ago so I can't remember the details.  So I'd worry about getting any important work back into a usabe 2018 project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a Pr project downgrader in Digital Rebellion's Project Repair app, and there's a free on-line project downgrader at:
http://joshcluderay.com/downgrade-premiere-project-converter/
It has a 5 MB file size limit, though.  Very useful, since Adobe keeps putting out buggy software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This site works perfectly for me when I need to downgrade a project

Thx,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another on-line downgrader I haven't used yet:

http://downgrader.elements.tv/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey team!

We've visualized the solution for you in hopes that it'll make opening a Premiere project in a previous version a little bit easier on you. Let me know if you have any feedback!

I'd recommend performing this process on a copy of your .prproj file, just in case something goes awry! Note that features that are only available in the latest version of the app will NOT be converted with your project if you downgrade to a version of the app that does not have those features available. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

Happy to help!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You nailed it in :30 seconds Caroline!  Exactly what I need.  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially since Adobe screwed up closed captioning, more than it was already, with their 2021 update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having spent the last few weeks working on captioning a project in 2021 without any major problems, I'm not sure what you're talking about.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't even know where to begin with this, other than Premiere Pro has never been able to export embedded captions via .mpg, which many Television Stations require.  I'm talking Broadcast here.  However, I have found a work-around using Compressor.  That was prior to the recent update.  Now when I bring in my .scc file, it ends up as multiple clips in the CC track.  It's not in sync, which means I have to work with it more to make it in sync.  God for bid you do an Alt-Z; the previous captions you add do not go away.  They stay there with the new captions added.  I could do a screen record if I wanted to waste any more time on this, which I don't.  But then this morning I noticed on the Television show that I edit, the closed captions were super small, compared to when I was using v.14.  This is extremely frustrating.  I do not understand the benefits gained with this latest "upgrade".  It's very quirky, especially to those of us who edit for broadcast, but then again not atypical of Adobe PP when it comes to Closed Captions for broadcast.  I'd appreciate someone showing me where I'm going wrong.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on captions for blu-ray, DVD and online streaming which just require a srt file and the workflow so far has been rock-solid.    And editing the captions has been great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome everyone...Oh and thanks Josh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All 

I find that this does not work for 2021 files, My brother sent me a 2021 project and i cannot downgrade it to 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's amazing, thank you! Why can't this just be one of the Save As or Export options though?! I get that some newer features might break, but I'm happy to take that risk. I know Adobe's answer would just be 'well everybody should just stay up to date', but some of my clients are big corporations where updating software just isn't that straightforward. I'm working with one in particular who is on CC 2018, two years behind, and there's nothing they can do about it. It's handy that we can now roll back our own version, but I just don't want to work that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used this before.  Works fine.

Premiere Pro Downgrader (elements.tv)

Just sect your file and resave.  Of course anything that isn't compatible in your current version, will crap out...as with any method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines