• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale footage uniformly within bounds?

Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One big oversight I've found is the ability to scale footage to fit within a certain size. Only recently did Premiere finally add the ability to set a scale percentage. That's still annoying though because if I have Some 12k footage, some 6, 8, and 4k, then I'm not going to want to create proxies all at quarter size. I just want them all to fit within something like 2048x1080 maybe. 

Is there a way to maybe do it with the scripting API? With certain cameras I've especially found people like to record cinematic formats then then it isn't just choosing between 16:9 and 17:9. 

I'm looking to scale files down, apply an appropriate rec.709 lut for whichever camera, and use a low bitrate so it can be previewed by folks on the web. I don't have a Mac handy, nor an extra $1k for EditReady, so hoping I can get this done with AME watchfolders somehow.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is there a way to maybe do it with the scripting API?

Yes, PPro's ExtendScript API can create proxies from any projectItem (or a media file path), using a valid output preset (.epr file) of your choosing. 

Watch folders can do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To create proxies with a specific frame size, bitrate and LUT, follow these steps:

1. Create an Ingest Preset:

• In Adobe Media Encoder, create an Encoding Preset with your custom frame size, bitrate, and LUT.
  • Create an Ingest Preset linked to your Encoding Preset and export it to your hard drive.

2. Import the Ingest Preset in Premiere:

• In Premiere Pro, right-click your media in the Project panel and select Proxy > Create Proxies.
  • Choose Preset > Add Ingest Preset and import your Ingest Preset.

1. Create Proxies with Custom Frames:

• In the Create Proxies window, set the Frame Size to Custom and enter the height and width. If the aspect ratio doesn’t match your original footage, it will stretch or squeeze the proxy, but it will display correctly in Premiere.
  • If you want to automatically reframe your footage in your sequence, apply the Auto Reframe effect.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines