• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale jump issue appearing in frame on Program feed, in Premiere

Participant ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing a glitch of sorts in my edit project in which the video suddenly scales up/zooms in on the footage, then jumps back out to the set scale size. The issue shows up in the Program monitor during playback and appears even when I scrub through the timeline frame-by-frame. The scale jump lasts for about 8 frames before scaling back to normal. Here's a screenshot of before the jump (#1) and during the jump (#2):

adobe-pp-glitch-01.png adobe-pp-glitch-02.png

Notice the purple shape in the corner of picture #2, which is the edge of the masked video layer, meaning the scale jump is affecting the timeline as a whole rather than an individual clip. My initial thought was that something was wrong with my transcoded screen recording, but that does not seem to be the case. I'm not sure where the issue is occurring exactly—within the software or within the hardware...or somewhere else.

For additional context:

• I transcode all my video clips (including the screen recording) in Handbrake with the Production Standard preset (H.264), 30fps, CBR @ quality 10.
  • I'm on Adobe Premiere Pro version 22.5.0 (Build 62), and my Premiere memory is optimized for performance. I cleared the media cache this morning and restarted Premiere, but the problem persists.
  • My machine is a MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey version 12.5.1. It's got the 2.4 GHz 8-core Intel Core i9 processor and AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8GB graphics. 
  • I have an external LG 4K monitor connected to my laptop via an OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock. Both screen displays are set to 60Hz refresh rate.

I've used screen recording clips captured on this same setup in the past and haven't run into this issue until now. 

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Thanks very much for responding, Ishan. I tried both of your suggestions, and the problem was still there. I thought I might do a test export of the segment that was glitching, then I scrolled up on the video tracks of my timeline and SURPRISE—a sliver of an orphan transition graphic right there on track 12, leftover from the sequence I'd duplicated for this project. I'm SO embarrassed. Please accept my sincerest apology for creating my own problems and wasting everyone's time!

Again, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey madkatworks,

Thank you for explaining the issue in so much detail, and sorry about the poor experience. For testing purposes, could you go to Premiere Pro > Project Settings > General, set the Renderer to Mercury Playback Software Only, and let us know if that makes any difference? In not, leave the Render on Software Only and go to Premiere Pro > Preferences > Media and uncheck H264/HEVC hardware accelerated decoding and encoding, and restart the Premiere Pro app. Please note that you may experience a difference in render time.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for responding, Ishan. I tried both of your suggestions, and the problem was still there. I thought I might do a test export of the segment that was glitching, then I scrolled up on the video tracks of my timeline and SURPRISE—a sliver of an orphan transition graphic right there on track 12, leftover from the sequence I'd duplicated for this project. I'm SO embarrassed. Please accept my sincerest apology for creating my own problems and wasting everyone's time!

Again, thank you for helping 🙂

TGIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad that your issue is fixed! Please feel free to reach out to us for any further assistance. We're happy to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines