• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling only plays back in timeline when another effect is active.

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, everyone!

Trying to apply a super simple scaling effect to a jpg on Premiere CC (most recent and updated version). For whatever reason, the scaling effect (and only the scaling effect) plays back in the timeline when another effect is present and active. For example - if I scale up any image to a certain percentage, then Premiere fails to show any changes when scrubbing through the timeline. When another effect is introduced (active, with keyframes) scaling can be viewed in the timeline. For instance, if the position effect is introduced and one parameter is bumped up one unit through the keyframes (from 3104.0 to 3105.0 in this case) all of a sudden the scaling appears in the playback. All other effects playback fine in the timeline when they're on their own or accompanied with other effects. So weird!

After export and subsequent viewing on Quicktime, the scaling effect (unaccompanied by any other active effect) appears to be working fine, but again, fails to playback when scrubbing through the project timeline within the working file in Premiere CC. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I played with memory settings and returned them to defaults. A colleague and I tested this on their computer and they had the same issue. We were able to fix it in the same manner described above (without uninstalling, reinstalling, memory tweaks, and whatever else I messed with).

I think it's safe to say that this might be a software bug and not a hardware/memory issue.

Thanks in advance and may you all have a happy and fulfilling 2019!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JKurtzman!

Thanks for all the details! Could you tell me a little more about your computer? Mac or PC? What kind of graphics cards are you using?

Let me know! I'm happy to help.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered this exact same issue, and your temporary solution works (I applied a Brightness & Contrast effect with a single keyframe). This issue is showing occurring on the PC version of Premiere, the Mac version works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jkurtzman,

Please try to switch the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and check if it's working properly.

FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine is set to this setting, Still having the problem....Have a pc...15 gbs of ram...everything has always worked until the update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines