• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scene Edit Detection not returning ANY edits? - Premiere Pro 2024 24.5

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently editing in the ballpark for 2-4 videos a week with over 3 hours of footage each. Thought I'd give Scene Edit Detection a go as lots of people have had good success with it. However whenever I run it, on videos with OR without sound, it never returns any edits. 

I've tried new projects, new sequences, matching project/ sequence settings to a "T" of the settings of the footage used, increased audio levels to help with matching, nested clips, unlinked, grouped/ upgrouped and still nothing. 

I am looking for a LEGIT answer to this problem as all the community posts I see have just been resolved with a 'Reboot' of the program - and that has not provided me with any changes or benefits to the functionality of this feature. As mentioned in the title, latest update of premiere, windows updated, this is an i9 13th gen system, 64gb of DDR5, 3080ti, with all footage on SSD's  - so it's defintely not a hardware limiting issue. 

If anyone has some legitamate insight other than "Reboot your program/ system" to fix this issue that would be greatly appreciated! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Hi TylerWalters,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Is this happening specifically with longer-duration media or with shorter-duration media as well? Also, just to be sure, do the clips have clear edit points? We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Hi TylerWalters

I wanted to check in and see if you got my message about sending a file for us to try and repo the issue? If you did not see the message I can send you my email again to recive files from you. Also can you help me answer a question and then test something out on your end that has worked for some users mentioning the same problem? The question is on your timelines are you are working in is the audio linked or unlinked on eac hclip? If it is unlinked audio could you try the tempora

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us specs on the type of video which you're editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every clip I edit is the same: 

TylerWalters_0-1722221860602.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TylerWalters,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Is this happening specifically with longer-duration media or with shorter-duration media as well? Also, just to be sure, do the clips have clear edit points? We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Status updated to Needs more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TylerWalters

I wanted to check in and see if you got my message about sending a file for us to try and repo the issue? If you did not see the message I can send you my email again to recive files from you. Also can you help me answer a question and then test something out on your end that has worked for some users mentioning the same problem? The question is on your timelines are you are working in is the audio linked or unlinked on eac hclip? If it is unlinked audio could you try the temporary work around that has worked for some editor's. If you lock the audio tracks and then do scene detection that may initiate the scene detection to make your cuts. If each clip you are using still has audio files linked rather than unlinked then to problem solve this further, sending us a file to test would be the most useful. Thank you Tyler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines