• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen tearing when playback

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i playback/preview my sequence, the video is being teared apart and flickering. I do render the sequence first.

I edit CC2018, on my brand new Dell inspiron 15 7577

Is there any settings, that need to be changed?or is it just not the right PC

IMG_4787.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

I had this exact same issue on my PC with a GTX 1070 and new 60Hz BenQ monitor. The fix for me was to go into Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Adobe Premiere Pro > Vertical Sync and change this setting from 'Use the 3D application Settings' to 'On'. After that I relaunched Premiere and the issue was immediately resolved. Hope that helps for anyone else with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the issue show up in the exports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. (Although I'm no expert), this is an issue between Premiere and your monitoring solution. You might still see some tearing if you're screening your exports on the same monitor, but the export file itself won't have the tearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ValentinC,

Still seeing this issue? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I'm also having this issue with screen tearing when playback in Premiere.

I  recently upgraded to a Surface Book 2, 15 inch (i7, 16gb, GTX 1060 6gb) and noticed immediately something was wrong.

I also have a Surface Pro 4, and that one doesn't have this issue at all. I have searched the Adobe forum and it appears people have similar problems with poor performance/screen tearing with the Surface Book 2.

Surface Book 2 Adobe Premiere Poor Performance

Laptop with Dual Graphics; Can't Force NVIDIA dGPU & Playback w/o effects is choppy

I don't know if this is a Microsoft issue or a Adobe issue, I only wish there weren't any. I payed a lot of money for this computer and it not performing better then my Surface Pro 4 from 2015 is making me kinda sad.

I have tested several things. Tested high performance in Windows, set Premiere to use the D-GPU in the Nvidia Control panel and it using it in Maximum Performance. Tested both Open CL and CUDA in Premiere. I have deactivated the internal GPU from Intel, but that didn't work either. I have all the latest updates from Microsoft. I have tested both with my Dell 34 Ultrawide 4k screen and the internal. Have Windows only use the D-GPU.

Nothing takes away the annoying screen tearing. If you have access to a Surface Book 2 15 inch, can you please try it out to see if you have the same problem as me? I still have time to return it to the store where I bough it and if this doesn't get fix I rather return it before it's to late.

Thanks!

/Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

How to Fix Screen Tearing Issues on PC - Driver Easy

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I can change the V Sync options in the Nvidia Control panel but what I know is when connected through an external or using the internal monitor it isn't through the Nvida graphics card, it's using the internal UHD620 GPU from Intel.

And changing the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel didn't work. I have no problems with screen tearing when using the computer has normal or when playing games, this computer can play triple A games with high settings without problems and no tearing whatsoever.

I can't change any settings in the Intel control panel because on the Surface Book 2 there isn't any settings for it.

I found more people having issues with this configuration on the official Microsoft Community.

My surface book is prioritizing the Intel UHD620 over my Geforce 1060, - Microsoft Community

Hope you have more suggestions! Keep em coming!

Thanks,

/Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem on my laptop.

2018 Acer Aspire E15 (i5, 8GB, MX 150)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue. Recently bought a Razer Blade 14". Laptop is set to always default to the GTX 1060 graphics card. I was running old graphics drivers, so I updated them. Issue still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, of note is that it becomes FAR more frequent when I take the preview full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fix this issue?  I have this same issue.. It's really annoying..  The only good thing is when i export it's completely gone.  Only on Playback it happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue to this which I have documented in my own post here: Re: Screen tearing/vsync issues in Premiere timeline I still have not been able to solve the problem overall, but was able to solve it in the program and source monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck on this?  I have been having this problem on a new asus laptop w the 1070 card.  No issue in the imported file but in the source monitor and timeline it tears and flickers/glitches and shows up in my exports. I have exasted myself looking and trying different settings etc. What is going on?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact same issue on my PC with a GTX 1070 and new 60Hz BenQ monitor. The fix for me was to go into Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Adobe Premiere Pro > Vertical Sync and change this setting from 'Use the 3D application Settings' to 'On'. After that I relaunched Premiere and the issue was immediately resolved. Hope that helps for anyone else with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, that fixed it for me too on Nvidia 2070 Max q Laptop

Had tearing and wobly playback. Fixed with this setting on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This! For anyone that's experiencing this issue, THIS is the fix. Thank you so much for suggesting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This worked for me.

Had no tearing before today. I wonder if it's the latest Premiere update that changed things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue and this solved it, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Grant. You're a legend. Fixed my issue in Premiere with Nvdia GTX 2070 Super. Same fix also worked for tearing issue in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This has solved it for me too. Screen tearing appears after I start using the latest Premiere 2021. Never faced this issue on previous versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MSI Graphics Card and this setting also works for that. Thank You, Sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, once I updated to the 2021 version I started to have this problem. I have been searching for hours until I found this and it solved my issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
Thanks a lot for the fix. It was very clear explained. It took me less than one minute to go through the steps. 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines