• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script for generating default bins for each new project?

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gang!

I make the same bin folder structure for all my video editing projects and I'm trying to cut out repetitive actions in my workflow. Is this possible to automate with a script so I can turn the creating and renaming of new bins into one click? Thanks!

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my own 'starter' project with folder, items, logos, clips. I just open that and save as, and I'm ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is FREE! and this is the way to go Thank You! 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for this as well. However, I just now thought of something that may be easiest and it's free.
Follow these steps:

1. Create a new project

2. Build your Bins the way you want them

3. After completion, save project as "BINS-TEMPLATE" on your desktop.

4. Also save a copy of this within your backup, in case you modify the original.

Now when you open that from your desktop, it will be a fresh project with the bins you want, to which you should then immediately ''Save as" and create the project folder to its proper project location that you want.

You can also pin your BINS-TEMPLATE you created to your taskbar, but when you do that, you will have to right-click the Premiere icon on the task bar and select your BINS-TEMPLATE from under the "pinned" section (possibly top of list).

Once this becomes a part of your normal practice, it saves a ton of time, and you get the bins you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but then your working in an older version of premiere if it updates, the only way to do it this way is to open both a new file and that BINS-TEMPLATE file and copy the bins into the new file which is kind of tedious, it would be nice if we could save bins into our workspace layouts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines