• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search/Filter in bin in Premiere Pro not showing any files at all despite them existing

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure when this started, and I've made sure to update my software just in case, but I can no longer find any file by searching within the bins in my projects. This doesn't happen with effects, but purely in the project window. It's really slowing down my workflow for searching for a quick graphic or music file during an edit. I can't find anything on google or this forum that helps with this problem.

I've tried clearing the cache, updating the software. It just won't come back and I need to try and get it fixed ASAP if I can.

Any help would be reatly appreciated.

To illustrate the problem, I attach 2 photos. One with an unfiltered bin showing a file with "radio" clearly present in the name, then with the word being searched and it showing none of the files, even though several radio imaging mp3s contain this word.

f92f8dcdf882ca8f45734f64875a287a.pngb72d8c6063a3d415c6155afa6a37a393.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

I was having the same issue. I tried duplicating the project file to see if the bug would persist in the new duplicate project. That fixed the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just had this exact bug pop up. Never seen it before. I opened a different project and it's working just fine but in my main project search is essentially broken only showing bins not files. Tried everything I can think of and it's just not showing any sequences or files in no matter what you search. Completely breaks the way I work. Worth nothing I recently updated to 23.6.0 so perhaps that has something to do with it? If any one has any ideas that would be lovely but seeing as no one responded to this thread it must be a rare issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact issue right now, running the latest update.  And I guess nobody has a solution for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to roll back to an autosave and that's working. VERY ODD behavior though. Praying it's a one-time weird glitch and not something I now need to deal with on a regular basis. If someone knows how to fix this please report your findings as I'm sure someone else will find it useful. Or I may need it in a distant future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving it to Discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me. On Version 24.0.3 Was able to get it working by going back to a previous version's Autosave file. Wonder if it has something to do with putting the project and all associated files in a newly created parent folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an Eggregious bug that needs immediate attention! I'm about to go into my busy season and this is going to cost me so much time and hassle, even if I just want to organize. I need to be able to locate assets and sequences instantly. Please fix this. 
I saw this bug had a history in 2019 and some of the answers came back reset preferences. Resetting preferences is not a solution and Adobe support suggests that shamefully often without fixing the root causes. Please fix it outright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe I just came to search this and find your comment from 15 mins ago! It's driving me crazy while I'm trying to finish up work that needs to be done for Christmas. Losing my tiny mind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue. I tried duplicating the project file to see if the bug would persist in the new duplicate project. That fixed the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting. I'll try that when this happens again. It happens once every few weeks now. I was able to fix by force downgrading and upgrading but there's quite a few steps involved and this sounds way more straightforward.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in, I just had this happen and this solved it for me!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another copout solution to avoid fixing the underlying bugs.
Resetting preferences, downgrading and upgrading, duplicating the file are not solutions to the bugs and they never will be. FIX THE BUG. 
Stop putting this on the users. Another example of serial laziness of product owners here. Instead, figure out WHY this is happeneing and fix it in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If there is an actual bug, your reply would be appropriate.

But if some form of corruption gets into the project file or a sequence data file, then ... it might as easily come from something else on the computer as from Premiere. Certain audio drivers for instance are known to do this sort of thing.

Project files ... and the sequences inside them ... are only metadata. Which sadly can be corrupted more easily than one would like.

So yes, there's a possibility that for some getting this, there is a code issue ... therefore a 'bug' ... that could be fixed.

For many other users, it's simply a bit of corruption needing to be sorted. So in the end, it all ... depends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue! Have you checked if there's a specific filter applied unintentionally in the search bar or if there are any nested bins causing the problem? Might be worth exploring those areas for a solution. Good luck with getting it resolved!

I'm unsure when this started, and I've made sure to update my software just in case, but I can no longer find any file by searching within the bins in my projects. This doesn't happen with effects, but purely in the project window. It's really slowing down my workflow for searching for a quick graphic or music file during an edit. I can't find anything on google or this forum that helps with this problem.

I've tried clearing the cache, updating the software. It just won't come back and I need to try and get it fixed ASAP if I can.

Any help would be reatly appreciated.

To illustrate the problem, I attach 2 photos. One with an unfiltered bin showing a file with "radio" clearly present in the name, then with the word being searched and it showing none of the files, even though several radio imaging mp3s contain this word.

f92f8dcdf882ca8f45734f64875a287a.pngb72d8c6063a3d415c6155afa6a37a393.png

By @edtempler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bam.  Just got hit with this too, outta nowhere.  Latest update as of 02/24. 

Will try duplicating the project and loading that to see if it'll snap out of it.  Got a massive doc going on.  Te idea that I can't seach transcripts basically just kills productivity. (again)

EDIT:  duplicated project and reloaded.  Search worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a similar thing, where the problem was there was a 'space' still in the search bar line. You click on the search bar, make sure you are at the end, backspace to clear it, voila ... search working properly again.

You can't see when this happens either, so it's easy to get it. But always worth checking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines